Friday, June 8, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!



After only a few questions, the stories came.

There were some "complaining" stories about each other, the GPS, the closeness of the seats at the Grand Ole Opry and people they met along the way.

There were some "I didn't know" stories about showing up at a five-star restaurant in one-star clothing, eating white barbecue sauce on a sandwich when you are in the self-proclaimed barbecue capitol of the world and other things they didn't realize about each other, but found out after spending 72 hours together without any interruptions from siblings, parents, etc.

And then there were some hilarious stories about the memories they made... and those are the things I hope they remember.

Little Jimmy Dickens was so funny... and he's 91 years old, and Josh kept hoping he wouldn't "pass away" while he was on stage.

The go-cart "guy" told them, "I usually tell people not to bump into each other, but since y'all are the only ones here, I'm just going to turn my back and let you have a good time." (Big, big mistake.)

It may cost $20 to have your picture taken with The General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard, but when there is no one around (for miles), you can get a free picture or two with your own camera.

Yep. Good times. Good times.


Roxie was the official "Welcome Home" greeter.


And as you can see...


They were thrilled to see her, too.


And, of course, we had the now obligatory photobomb.

I'll have Grand Ole Opry and General Lee pictures for your perusal Monday morning.

Oh... And Josh's second Senior mini-trip is in the planning stages for July 7 and 8. I'll have more details about that one in a week or so.

RANDOMNESS #2 - If you have ever wanted to go to Chicago, OR if you have been there and you loved it, go to www.kellehampton.com today. She's there for a book signing, and she took some wonderful pictures of some of her favorite places in the Windy City.

RANDOMNESS #3 - If you're looking for a special Father's Day meal to prepare, head over to Six Sisters' Stuff under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "50 Man Pleasing Meals for Father's Day." You may get an idea or two (or 20) from this great list.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I told you I would show you The Faulkner Five Summer To-Do List earlier this week, and as I am now prone to do, I forgot! So this is a little something extra for you today!

SUMMER TO-DO LIST (JUNE - AUGUST)

FISHING (5 times) X
TUBING (5 times) X
MOVIE NIGHT (5 times)
GAME NIGHT (5 times)
CANDLELIGHT DINNER ON THE DECK (5 times)
FAMILY OCOEE WHITE WATER RAFTING TRIP
JOSH'S SENIOR MINI-TRIPS (3 times) X
FAMILY BEACH TRIP
THEATER OR DRIVE-IN MOVIES
The Amazing Spiderman
Ice Age - Continental Drift
The Dark Knight Rises
Brave
MIKIE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY
4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION
DATE MIKE (5 times)
DATE AUSTIN (5 times)
DATE JOSH (5 times) X
DATE ROXIE (5 times) X
ROXIE'S BASKETBALL CAMP
ROXIE'S VOLLEYBALL CAMP
BASKETBALL COOKOUTS (2 times) X

And I'll leave some room for other activities as they come to mind.

Weekend Happenings

Mikie's family birthday party is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Homemade ice cream and cake! He'll be 51, so it's not a milestone, but it's definitely worth celebrating.

His actual birthday is next Wednesday, and I have a big ol' surprise for him. He's going to leave work around noon Wednesday and return a little before noon on Thursday. I want to tell you about it very badly, but even though this is his busy time at work, he still reads the blog every now and and again. It would be my luck for him to read about his surprise, so I'm not saying anything... until Thursday afternoon.

Josh is wanting to do the fishing thing again, so I feel like Sunday afternoon might be a good fishing time for Mikie and the guys to hit the water.

I would say we could all go tubing Sunday, but Roxie has basketball camp Sunday and Monday. That's right. SUNDAY and Monday. It is the oddest time for a camp to me, and I definitely do not like the fact it is on Sunday. As far as I can tell, that's the only sports thing scheduled on a Sunday.

She'll be getting a much-needed break next week. It will be her first time to sleep in on a weekday since school let out... and WE cannot wait!

I hope y'all have a splendid weekend. I really do. I'll be back Monday with pictures from Mikie's party, The Grand Ole Opry and more RANDOMNESS.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter