Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Golden Caramel Cake

Good Tuesday morning!

Or should I say, "Good Boot Camp Morning!"

That's right. Roxie finished Basketball Camp yesterday afternoon, and reported for Boot Camp bright and early this morning (7:00 a.m.).

Boot Camp is part of volleyball training.

It lasts an hour.

I slept later when my kids were newborns!

And that's why naps were created!

RANDOMNESS #1 - My friend, Julie, and I have decided on a career. We both think we would make excellent restaurant critics.

I think I'm going to have some cards printed up, and we're going to hand them out to the managers and staff when we walk into any new (or old) restaurant.

We're hoping they don't ask many questions... and that our meals will be free.

Doesn't that sound like a great job?

Watch for us. If this works, we may be eating at a restaurant near you in the very near future!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm going to show you a few more "action" shots this morning... because I have so many.

I had taken 1,000 action shots on Sunday, but my camera card was incorrectly formatted (by me), and the pictures wouldn't transfer. They are gone.

I have never made that mistake before, and believe me, I will never make that mistake again! It is painful. (I know that word may seem a little dramatic, but it is what it is... painful.)


I don't want to go back to school, but I would like to roam the campus of Birmingham Southern... and take pictures... and have a picnic. It's like going to the Botanical Gardens... except with giant brick buildings and lots of young people with ponytails walking around with books.


See. Botanical Gardens!



Cam and Roxie are on the same team. They are friends. It only looks like Cam is about to take the ball away from her. Actually, I think they were just catching up a little on the way down the court to make a basket. You know. Girl stuff. "Let's see 'The Lucky One' after camp today."

"Or go shopping."

"Sounds good to me."

Basketball is a very social sport.


See. The conversation continued during half-time. It was all good.


For those of you who don't speak basketball "sign language," Kelci is demonstrating the universal sign for, "Me. Me. Throw the ball to ME."

It's complicated, I know, but don't worry. I'm going to walk you through it over the next few months!


I LOVE the basketball/volleyball ponytail. It's one of my favorite parts of having a "sporty" chick.

Golden Caramel Cake

Before Mikie's family birthday schedule went awry Saturday, this is the cake I had planned to bake. It's going in the oven in just a few minutes.

You will need the following:

1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 round pans.

2. Beat all ingredients in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly (batter will be thick). Beat 2 minutes longer.

3. Remove 1/2 cup of batter.

4. Cover and refrigerate to use in icing. Pour remaining batter into pans.

5. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool about 1 hour. Remove from pans. Frost cake with Caramel Icing.

Caramel Icing

You will need the following:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup reserved cake batter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Heat butter in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until brown.

2. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, cake batter and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until smooth, bubbly and almost thick.

3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.

Have a lovely Tuesday... even though it feels like a Thursday. I'll be back in the morning with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition, Randomness, pics and anything and everything else I can find.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter