Monday, June 25, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

Today's post will be EXTREMELY brief because I have little to report from the past weekend.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Austin worked, ate and worked some more.

Josh rested up for work, ate and rested some more.

Mikie worked and worked and worked, but this week will hopefully be the end of his "crunch" time.

Roxie left us for a couple of days... but she returned yesterday afternoon.

And I... I missed Roxie, Austin and Mikie, spent time with Josh and did laundry.

The Faulkner Five know how to have an exciting Summer, don't we!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Normally, we would have had a family birthday celebration this past weekend. But, no. My sister, Bev, was away at church camp with my nephew, Zac, on her big day.

Thus, she will be celebrating her birthday with my Mom on the 4th of July.

I did text her a couple of times to ask her questions and make plans for the cousins.

"What do you think about all of us going to the theater to see The Amazing Spiderman the evening of July 4?" I texted.

"That's good with us, but don't text me again. I'm hiding."

It was hard NOT to text her again, because I didn't know what she was hiding from, you see.

Were they playing a game?

Had Bev done something terribly wrong, and did she have to disappear for a little while until the "something" blew over?

Was she in the kitchen eating ice cream AFTER last call?

The mystery will be solved tonight when she returns home. I plan on calling her about one minute after she steps foot in her house.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Josh begins his landscaping job full-time this week. He is excited and ready to go.

I have broken out in a sweat just thinking about it.

It's going to be a muggy, sweltering day today. But I'm sending him out into the cruel, hot world with plenty of sunscreen and dehydration-preventing products... water.

And I'm making country fried steak tonight... his favorite meal. If he's too tired to eat, the other Faulkners will be more than happy to eat his portion, I am sure.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Speaking of MJ, he has planned most of the second leg of his Senior mini-trip.

He will be going to Atlanta with friends. They'll spend one day at White Water. (Good day). And he wants to go to a Medieval Dinner Theater to eat gigantic turkey legs while knights "joust it out" in the arena below him.

He also wants to eat at The Varsity. He just has to figure out what to do during the second day (before the Dinner Theater), and he will have a pretty good trip planned.

RANDOMNESS #5 - Roxie's homecoming was sweet. We missed her a great deal. Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) is much more quiet when The Chick is out of town.

Or should I say, much TOO quiet.


I wasn't really expecting the balloon hat, but once I saw it up close, I could see it fit The Chick perfectly.


The poor "balloon man" didn't know what hit him when he stopped by Roxie's table for requests. There were butterflies, turtles, etc., but Roxie's request was much more detailed.


And the "balloon man" was obviously up to the challenge.


Just look at that little monkey!


Is there anything sweeter than a homecoming?

I didn't think so!

RANDOMNESS #6 - Since there isn't much "substance" in today's post (which happens more than you would think), I'm going to send you to www.kellehampton.com to enjoy her post about the end of her family vacation to Michigan.

Her pics just make the story come alive. Love it!

RANDOMNESS #7 - It has been established I LOVE me some Pinterest. These are just a few of the items pinned to my LOL board... because they made me laugh out loud, you see.

"When I do something hilarious, which let's face it, is all the time, I think to myself, 'Why do I not have my own television show?'"

"My friend thinks he's smart. He said onions are the only food that make you cry. So I threw a coconut at his face."

"When you really, really want to slap someone, just make sure you say 'mosquito' when you do."

What can I say? That's my kind of humor.

Have a great Monday. Stay cool and hydrated. I'll be back in the morning with a delicious Recipe and more Randomness.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter