Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

Okay. Roxie and Scotty are in the Gallery today... even though the Banquet was last Tuesday. I am as prompt as always!

RANDOMNESS - I've been trying to plan our Easter fun for this year. Since the kids outgrew Easter Egg Hunts several years ago, we've had The Amazing Race (Easter-Style), Survivor (Easter Island), an Easter Video Scavenger Hunt, etc. (I'll be re-posting all of these ideas the next two weeks, along with new ideas for people with smaller kids.)

My husband, Mikie, and my brother-in-law, Tommy, have been troopers. They have eaten their Easter lunch and immediately after led the two teams into battle each and every year. They have started fires (Survivor). They have driven all over the little hamlet of Trussville looking for an inflatable Easter Bunny to have their picture taken (Video Scavenger Hunt). They have walked/ran through a busy shopping mall keeping up with their "team," and making sure they were not arrested and did not cheat (Amazing Race).

This year, they are nervous. They aren't sleeping well. They jump at the slightest sound.

They don't know what to expect this Easter... and it is eating them up inside!

After years and years of hiding Easter eggs over and over and over again for six little guys, they were looking forward to "Easter" retirement. They wanted to eat a wonderful lunch, find a recliner and nap the afternoon away.

They have been sorely disappointed.

They will be sorely disappointed once again.

They just don't know it yet!

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - I'm going to post this little blurb today (first posted Wednesday). I won't mention it again until mid-August when we start talking about the 1,000th Post Contest.

I went through my imaginary Busy Basket in December. (I always go through my Busy Basket in December AND June.)

At this season of life, my Busy Basket contains the following (in no particular order):

Sunday/Wednesday church attendance
Sunday School Director for Middle School/High School
Attending a weekly Bible Study
Stay-at-home mom in the midst of transitioning to an empty nester
Exercising two to five times per week
Dating Mikie two to four times per month
Mother of a college junior (soon-to-be senior)
Mother of a high school senior (soon-to-be graduate)
Mother of a high school freshman (soon-to-be sophomore)
Completing the year-long monthly Paula Deen Recipe Challenge
Blogging (A Simple Life and 50 is Nifty... And Other Urban Myths)

Nothing about the above is particularly overwhelming by itself on any given day, but I feel the need to move in a different direction during the next few years of transition in my life.

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging these past three and a half years, in September, A Simple Life will change drastically. It will either be totally "gone," or become a once-a-week blog. I haven't decided which, but I'll let you know as soon as I know.

My picture-of-the-day blog, 50 is Nifty, will be finished the day before my 51st birthday in August. I will not be starting another picture blog.

I will be having the 1,000th Post Contest in September. One thousand seems like a good stopping point to me. And it will be close to the four-year mark (October 16) of when I started blogging.

I know I'm telling you several months before the last post, but it will give me a goal to work toward, and putting it in writing makes it "final" in my mind.

And if you've known me two minutes, you know how I love goals... and putting things in writing!

Until the first of September, things will proceed as they always have on A Simple Life. Pictures, traditions, easy recipes, randomness and fun dates will continued to be shared until the 1,000 blog post.

So hang around until Fall. We've got a lot to talk about this Spring and Summer.

Weekend Happenings

I know what is planned for Friday. I know what is planned for Sunday. Saturday is a WILD CARD. That's right. It is anyone's guess!

Today, The Boy and I are going on a date. I'm taking him to the little restaurant in the middle of Whole Foods Market for lunch, and then we're heading to the Dollar Movie to see Mission Impossible. For some reason, neither one of us saw this movie... while Roxie saw it twice. It makes no sense!

Josh and Roxie are doing "friend" things this evening, and I hope Mike has some definite thoughts about what he wants to do for dinner (because I certainly don't).

Saturday may or may not be a fishing day depending on weather. Our lives and weekend plans revolve around the weather forecast in Alabama. Always.

Sunday we will be visiting with Mike's family celebrating Mrs. Faulkner's upcoming birthday. Also, since this is the year we "do" Easter at my Mom's house (we rotate), I'll get to see Matthew and Lauren this Sunday.

It's very important to miss as few months a year as you can when there's a newborn involved. They change week to week, and if you miss an entire month... Let's just say the kid could go from rolling over with no teeth, to walking and jabbering. It happens that fast!

(Can you tell Lauren has a new tooth I haven't seen yet? I cannot wait!)

What about you? Do you have some big upcoming weekend plans? Or are you hoping for a laid-back, see-what-happens kind of weekend? Either way, I hope it is wonderful.

I'll be back next week with lots of Spring AND Easter ideas. Visit if you get a chance.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter