Thursday, March 8, 2012

Date Night in a Jar

Good Thursday morning!

I found some old (but unused) St. Patrick's Day plates yesterday... and from there I went shopping for St. Patrick's Day cupcake accessories... and then I baked festive cupcakes.

I felt just like a Preschooler Mom again. Ahhh. It was wonderful to be in my "comfort zone." Even if it was just for a little while.

And just for the record, teenagers like St. Patrick's Day Accessorized Cupcakes just as much as preschoolers do. Maybe even more!

Check out the Gallery!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Did you know there is an Italian AND Irish St. Patrick's Day Parade held in New Orleans the day AFTER St. Patrick's Day? Did you know we may actually see it? (I'm not really sure how the Italians fit in, but a parade is a parade!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm getting into this "What was I thinking about three years ago?" thing.

According to the Archives, I was thinking about lists. (Some things never change, do they?)

Quarterly Family List

I'm sharing my March/April/May Quarterly Family List today since that is where we are season-wise. Again, everyone would have a different Quarterly Family List depending on size of family, activities you enjoy doing together, etc.

Date Roxie (3 times)
Date Josh (3 times)
Date Austin (3 times)
Date Mikie (3 times)
Fishing (5 times)
Family Movie Nights (5 times)
Family Game Nights (5 times)
Family Date (1 time)
Camping (2 times)
Drive-In (2 times)
Backyard Camp Outs (3 times)
Friends over for Roxie (5 - 10)
Friends over for Josh (5 - 10)
Friends over for Austin (5 - 10)
Football Parties at Lot (3 times) (This didn't make the 2012 list. Heavy sigh.)
Company for Me and Mike (3 times)
City Adventure to Nashville (1 time) (Just change "Nashville" to "New Orleans.")

This was my list for the Spring of 2009. I did not accomplish everything on this list. However, it was a "go-by" and having it in front of me for that time helped me do a great deal.

As I stated three years ago, if the list isn't completed, it isn't the end of the world. It just allows me to have a visual so I don't let three months slip by without "dating" or having enough friends over or playing football in the lot. (One more heavy sigh.)

Intentional. Intentional. Intentional. (It's my new favorite word!)

Blog Linkage - I have three very good posts for you to read today. Two of them are St. Patrick's Day "themed," so be sure to check those out if you're looking for ideas for this upcoming holiday.

1. Click on The Dating Divas under My Blog List. Scroll down their sidebar to Archives. Click on March 2012. Scroll down until you come to the post entitled "Flashback Friday: March 2011" dated March 2. They have lots of good ideas.

2. After reading that post, find your way back to the Archives and click on March 2012... again. Scroll down until you come to the post entitled "I'm Lucky To Have You" dated March 7. This is a good St. Patrick's Day craft to make for your spouse OR your kiddos... or both!

3. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read her post entitled "New" dated March 5. You can just feel the Spring in her photos and commentary. Wonderful, wonderful post.

Date Night in a Jar

Once again, my inspiration comes from a little place called Pinterest. This idea came from a blog called Life in the Green House (www.lifeinthegreenhouse.com). I'll be visiting more in the next few days, but my initial impression was "Wow! Good blog!" Go by if you get a chance.

Life in the Green House

I created this "Date Night In A Jar" for Allen.

I started with a plain mason jar with a wide mouth.

I used big Popsicle sticks and spray painted them different colors. Each color represented a different type of date (and each color was explained on a tag). The white sticks were used as fillers.

Red sticks had the more expensive dates painted on them. These dates require planning on our part.

Bed and Breakfast
Dinner at a fancy restaurant
Hotel stay for the night
Auburn home game and away game
Concert and dinner (his choice)
Concert and dinner (my choice)
Weekend away
Couples Massage

Dark pink sticks are "at home" dates.

Fondue and movie
Takeout and board games
1,000 piece puzzle and pizza
Football game and nachos
Popcorn and a chick-flick
Crosswords and breakfast for dinner
Make a dessert together
Friday Night Lights marathon
Homemade pizzas and an Italian movie

Light Pink dates are less expensive dates and do not require as much planning.

Dinner and a movie (my choice and his choice)
Laser tag and go carts
Mexican night at Cocina Superior
Drive-In date
Dessert only date
Window shopping for the house
Bowling
The Melting Pot
Coffee Date

Add a little key on the back of the "Date Night in a Jar" tag explaining the different colors.

The Enchanting Belinda says - I love this idea because you could create a jar for your husband AND each of your kids depending on their specific likes and dislikes.

It's yet another way the mason jar can be used for good!

Have a terrific Thursday. I'm off to run errands, but I'll be back for Weekend Happenings in the morn.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter