Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Grilled Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pic or Pics are leftovers... never before seen... photographic gems.

I need something exciting to photograph today. Maybe Roxie will give the beagles a bath!

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Pioneer Woman's second cookbook is out in stores and ready to purchase. I'm getting mine today, I think. But I'm going to keep it in pristine condition for her April 4 Book Signing at Brookwood!

I didn't have any takers on the "standing in line for four hours" proposition I offered a few weeks ago. I was forced to enlist Mikie. He'll let me take my bathroom breaks, pretzel breaks, Diet Dr. Pepper breaks, etc. as I wait to meet Ree.

Oh. And he'll take THE picture. Me and Ree. Not Ree and Mikie.

It will be a good day!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I haven't forgotten about my March Paula Deen Recipe Challenge. No, sir. I'm making Spicy Collard Green Wantons... and I'm promptly giving them to my brother-in-law, Tommy, and my MamMa. They love collards.

Me, not so much.

RANDOMNESS #3 - The minute we cancelled our New Orleans' trip, I started wracking my brain for a Plan B for Spring Break.

A Plan B which would be fun, yet doable for Austin and his six-inch incision.

A Plan B which would be memorable.

A Plan B which had something for everyone... a 21 year-old invalid, an 18 year-old guy's guy, a 15-year old chick and two tired 50 year-old parents.

Think, think, think.

Then it hit me!

And I'll tell you all about Plan B tomorrow! (Blog teaser!)

Grilled Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches

I found this recipe on Pinterest and when I clicked on the picture, it took me to the blog of a lovely Christian mom in Minnesota. (www.livinglight58.blogspot.com).

Since Mikie loves to grill (and I love it when Mikie grills), we're going to have these tonight or tomorrow night. (It depends on some plans we may or may not have.)

You will need the following:

Boneless chicken breasts (1 per sandwich)
Pineapple slices (1 per sandwich)
Swiss cheese slices (1 per sandwich)
Thinly sliced red onion (optional)
Teriyaki sauce
Hamburger buns

1. Marinate your chicken breasts in the teriyaki sauce for at least an hour.

2. Put the chicken on the grill and and flip it midway through the grilling process.

3. When you flip the chicken, it's time to grill the pineapple. By caramelizing the slices, it really brings out the natural sweetness of the pineapple. You only have to grill it for a couple of minutes per side.

4. When the pineapple is done, take it off the grill and toast the buns.

5. While the buns are toasting, go ahead and put the onion on the chicken breasts of those who like onion.

6. When the buns are nice and toasty, take them off the grill.

7. Spread the chicken out a bit so you can melt the cheese.

8. Finally, when the cheese is nice and melted, transfer the breasts onto the buns and top each with a slice of the grilled pineapple. The combination of all the flavors is amazing!

NOTE - If you want a bit of heat on your sandwich, you can add jalapeno slices.

It sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

When the kids were small, we had Hawaiian theme night on the deck. I would make Hawaiian Chicken on a bed of rice, fruit kabobs and Pineapple Upside Down Cake. We would drink out of plastic coconut cups. Roxie would serve us in her bright yellow bathing suit and grass skirt while we listened the the musical stylings of Elvis from the Lilo and Stitch soundtrack.

Of course, we had the tiki torches lit around the deck.

Ahhh. Good times! Good times!

Hmmm. I wonder if I can find MY grass skirt and Mikie's tacky Hawaiian shirt. I feel another theme night coming on. (And the eyes of my grown kid and teenagers are rolling all the way in the back of their heads!)

Have a fantastic Tuesday. We're in the mid-80s in Central Alabama... in March... this first day of Spring. I'm a little worried about what Summer is going to bring. Triple digits for three straight months? In Alabama, who knows!

I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Party and maybe, just maybe, some pictures of super clean beagles.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter