Thursday, March 22, 2012

Date Questions

Good Thursday morning!

As promised, I have people pics in the Gallery. Not "good" people pics, but people pics nonetheless. (Josh is a little under the weather, so he declined having his picture made by his sister. I kind of wish all three of them had declined.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Austin is doing GREAT! He gets a little better every day. He goes to see Uncle... I mean Dr. Buck next Tuesday, and after he is cleared, he'll be able to drive and get out a little. Since next week is officially his Spring Break, he'll just have that much more time to recuperate.

RANDOMNESS #2 - You may or may not remember the suede boot fiasco of November 29, 2011 when I spoke for a few minutes at "Tis the Season at the Chocolate Cafe." (I made the monumental mistake of picking out boots for my "speaking" outfit without Roxie's input... and paid for it dearly when she saw a picture of me in all of my "flat suede boots are for skinny jeans only" glory.)

If you were there, you'll remember I wore them with a pretty flowy skirt.

Not with skinny jeans.

At 50, I am forever excused from wearing skinny jeans ever again.

Wow. How did I get off the subject that fast and that far?

Anyway... A couple of days after Tis the Season, I received a call from Oak Grove First Baptist Church asking me to speak at their Spring Tablescapes event. I was totally honored and excited to accept. (The event has since been given the name WILD Women Tablescapes. I like that. I like that a lot!)

That date is fast approaching... Saturday, April 14 at 10:00 a.m. I'll be speaking about my daily attempt to live an "intentional" life that honors God. (I haven't yet mastered intentional living, but as always, I am striving daily. This is one of my favorite subjects, and has been for years and years, and I am so looking forward to meeting the ladies of Oak Grove First Baptist and sharing my heart.)

If you are interested in attending, the cost is $10 per ticket. For more information, you can call 491-1701.

Blog Linkage - I don't have a ton, but what I have is good stuff.

1. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read today's post entitled "3-21, 2012." It made me cry.

2. Go to Six Sisters' Stuff under my Blog List and pick any day you like. Always check out their recipe section to see if something catches your eye.

3. Go to Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and click on "Home and Garden" at the top of her page. She's starting her book tour. When she goes on book tour, she puts pictures of all the hotel rooms she visits under "Home and Garden." I LOVE looking at fancy hotel rooms. (I know. Pathetic.)

Enjoy!

Date Questions

Even though Mikie and I have been married 24 years, it's still fun to talk about something "different" when we go on one of our dates. It's too easy to fall into a comfortable silence or talk about the kids, house, dogs, finances, etc., etc.

Sometimes it just needs to be about US!

I found a list on a blog called Hopes and Dreams, and I've posted a few of the questions to ask on your next spouse date.

1. Describe three legitimate fears you have, and explain how they became fears.

2. List ten things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

3. What are the five things that make you most happy right now?

4. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

5. What are your five greatest accomplishments?

6. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

7. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?

8. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?

9. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

10. List ten things you would hope to be remembered for.

Hmmm. You may want to give your spouse the list of questions before the date to give him some "thinking" time!

Have a tremendous Thursday. I'll try to do the same. I'll be back tomorrow with Weekend Happenings and a few more things to share.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter