Monday, March 5, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

As you will soon see, BLAST Weekend pics fill the Gallery.

RANDOMNESS #1 - BLAST was cancelled Friday night because of the very real threat of severe weather. Once again, our little area was spared the brunt of the storm, but my heart goes out to all the families whose homes were destroyed Friday and Saturday, and those who lost family members and friends.

It is unbelievable to see the devastation on television... town after town, street after street, house after house. It makes my heart so heavy.

However, when the media interviews survivors, my heart in encouraged when I hear people say, "I just thank God He spared my family." "We just held on to each other and prayed to God." "I want to thank God for protecting us." "With God's help, we'll have the strength to rebuild."

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." Psalm 42:1-2

I pray many others will seek that "ever-present help in trouble" over the next few days, weeks and months of rebuilding.

RANDOMNESS #2 - When BLAST began bright and early Saturday morning, all three of our guys left the house around 8:15, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. BLAST has that effect on the younger generation!

Mikie and I didn't have anything scheduled until later that evening, so after waving good-bye to the kiddos, we went to Original Pancake House for brunch. It was delicious, as always.

After our brunch, I whined a little bit (or a lot), and we went to the Dollar Theater to see We Bought a Zoo. IT WAS GREAT! I knew it would be. I just knew it!

Matt Damon is Josh's favorite actor right now, and I have to say, he is now at the top of my list.

And it's based on a true story.

And there really is such a zoo.

And the zoo is getting giraffes this year.

And I really, really want to go there. It's on my Bucket List.

Road trip, Anyone? Anyone?

Well, Mikie doesn't know it yet, but he and I are going in the near future.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet today since I do have a ton of pics. Have a great Monday. I hope you get a lot accomplished. (I hope the same for me!) I'll be back tomorrow with a new Recipe and this and that.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter