Monday, March 26, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery this week will be full of pics from Brad's 20th Birthday Celebration AND our little overnight trip to Huntsville this past weekend. (Brad's birthday will be featured first, of course).

RANDOMNESS #1 - Our trip to Huntsville was very nice. The Westin is a lovely hotel with heavenly beds and heavenly showers and leaf shaped soap and green tea lotions and shampoos and an indoor/outdoor pool... and big screen televisions.

But, wait! There's more!

Bridge Street Centre is lovely as well. It's like a beautiful village of restaurants, twinkly lights and shops... some familiar and some not. (I'll have a picture of two our favorite shops tomorrow.)

Connor's Steak and Seafood Restaurant was very good. We sat by a fireplace and since the night was chilly, the management agreed to "turn it on!" It put out absolutely no heat, but it's amazing how much a fake fire can warm you mentally.

Monaco Pictures is a movie theater "experience." You buy your tickets online. You pick your time. You pick YOUR SEATS in the theater. You show up one or two minutes before the movie begins, walk in and your seats are waiting for you. Perfect seats. Aisle seats. Mid-way up the theater seats. Never, ever on the front row.

Hunger Games was AWESOME! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the makers of the movie did an excellent job. Yes. They left some things out, but you cannot make four and five hour movies and expect people to attend.

I mean, I would attend if they offered free popcorn and sodas... and had a 15-minute intermission in the middle... and still charged ONLY $9.25 per ticket (and not the $18.50 I imagine a four or five hour movie would cost).

But that's just me.

If you have a chance to visit Bridge Street Centre for a day trip or even an entire weekend, I would recommend it. If you add a day, you could go to the Space and Rocket Center which is only TWO miles away.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I am a sleeper. I have always been a sleeper. I expected to always BE a sleeper.

If I sit in one position for over two minutes and 30 seconds, I will fall asleep. Forget about having to lie down. It is an unnecessary position for a sleeper such as myself.

Or a sleeper like I used to be. Heavy, heavy sigh.

I have become a light sleeper. I do not like being a light sleeper.

At 2:18 this morning, a bat flew into my bedroom window. That's right. A bat. It had to be a bat. Although I've had many "daytime" birds fly into my window over the years, I don't think anything has flown into my window at night. So it had to be a nocturnal fowl... which means a bat... or an owl.

Hmmm. I didn't think about an owl this morning at 2:18. It could have been a smallish owl. A large owl would have come through my window and landed on my bed, I think.

I'm sticking with the bat scenario.

Anyway, I'm tired because I've had three nights of "light" sleep. And although I've sat down for two minutes and 30 seconds several times, I am not drifting off into my deep REM sleep.

I'm hoping this is just a little temporary glitch in my sleeping pattern and nothing permanent.

One of the things I like best about being me is my ability to sleep.

It is one of my nicer qualities.

That, and I'm a lot of fun around 2:00 p.m. every afternoon. (That's my peak for the day.) Before and after... not so much.

Have a great Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a great recipe, Huntsville pics, Randomness and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting, Tired and Grumpy Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter