Tuesday, November 15, 2011

World's Best Mac and Cheese

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from a Pinterest experiment gone horribly wrong. Live and learn!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Finally, the last of the Stocking Stuffer ideas. One hundred ideas! Get busy stuffing those stockings!

91. Binoculars

92. Barbies

93. Recipe cards

94. Swiss Army knife

95. Belt

96. Small lint roller

97. Key chain

98. Birthstone earrings

99. Throwback candy (Pez dispensers, Pop Rocks, Nerds, Fun Dip)

100. Scrapbooking supplies

Ta-Da!

I would love a stocking FULL of scrapbooking supplies. Just saying, Mikie!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Loneliness - I've picked a topic for the day. One that has been on my heart these last few years.

I've been lonely before. Everyone has been lonely. It is a part of life, and not a very pleasant part.

However, having been lonely before, I can make a choice to NOT remember how it felt, or I can make a choice to have compassion and empathy for others I know are feeling loneliness right now. Today.

I'm posting a little article tomorrow entitled "Seven Sure-Fire Ways to Beat Loneliness." While I believe this list has very constructive things a person can do to prevent or become less lonely, I also know sometimes a person is SO lonely, they cannot reach out for help.

If you know someone having trouble with loneliness, read the following verses and pray about reaching out and helping them overcome this horrible, horrible "condition."

It might take time.

It might take effort.

It might be one of the most important things you do for another person... ever.

“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25 (FELLOWSHIP! So important. Include people you normally wouldn't invite in fellowship situations!)

“Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.” Romans 12:15 (Be prepared to be more than a "fair-weather" friend. Even if it makes you uncomfortable, stick with someone during the bad times, too.)

“After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn’t let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself.” 1 Samuel 18:1-3 (Oh, to have a friend like Jonathan.)

Remember, loneliness doesn't affect adults only. Teenagers and children go through lonely times, too. It is dangerous for young people to be lonely for a period of time. Loneliness can lead to desperation. And desperation can lead to very poor choices.

I'm praying God will open my eyes to the loneliness around me. I'm also going to pray Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up.”

Help someone up... today!

World's Best Mac and Cheese

This recipe is from Kurt Beecher Dammeier's Pure Flavor Cookbook... and I found it on Pinterest.

I am making this dish for my Mother's Thanksgiving celebration this Sunday, and Mikie's family Thanksgiving celebration next Thursday. (As you can see, my family will be the "guinea pig" this year. Next year, it will be the Faulkners. I rotate the new recipes every year... just to be fair!)

You will need the following:

Vegetable oil for baking dish
6 ounces penne (I LOVE penne!)
2 cups Beecher's Flagship Cheese Sauce (I don't know what this is... yet.)
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese (I also don't know what this is... yet.)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (I love the word "chipotle.")

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil an 8" baking dish, and set aside.

2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook penne for 2 minutes less than recommended on the package. Rinse pasta in cold water, and set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, mix together cooked pasta and sauce (gently, but thoroughly).

4. Pour pasta into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses and chili powder.

5. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.

Not only could this BE the World's Best Mac and Cheese, but it ain't too hard to make! I have high hopes for this one, Chicks!

Have a very gray Tuesday. Beautiful gray. I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Traditions, Randomness, pics and 52 reasons why I love String Cheese! I know what you're thinking. I thought I would be able to think of more than 52, too!

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter