Monday, November 14, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Fun Fall Ride #7. Mikie and I enjoyed a two hour drive up the road to Rickwood Caverns late Sunday afternoon... and then we stopped at a McDonald's and had a Peppermint Mocha and watched a very colorful sunset. Very, very nice Sunday afternoon.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I have two more days of Stocking Stuffer ideas. There should be no excuse. Everyone in your family should have a MARVELOUS stocking this year!

81. iTunes gift card

82. Digital measuring tape

83. Bubbles

84. Silly String

85. Watch

86. Tickets to the zoo

87. Speciality coffee or tea

88. Bath toys

89. Monogrammed burp rags

90. Makeup brush set

RANDOMNESS #2 - Okay. So what did I "do" with Pinterest this weekend. I will tell you!

I made Baked Parmesan Asparagus. I do not care for asparagus. I never have. However, this recipe looked simple and edible. I was only half right. It was simple. Not so much edible.

It is not the recipe's fault. I simply do not like asparagus... or brussel sprouts. Does that make me a bad person?

I also made Pizza Crescent Rolls. You roll string cheese and three pieces of pepperoni in a crescent roll and bake according to roll instructions. Can I say it? These were MUCH, MUCH better than the asparagus. The men in the family declared the Pizza Crescent Rolls "football food," and thus, they will be served during Auburn games, Jacksonville tailgating and the Super Bowl party INSTEAD of Pigs-in-a-Blanket.

I did NOT install a rainforest shower head OR build an in-ground fire pit... even though those are Pinterest "activities," also.

I did NOT make Christmas wrapping paper out of hickory tree bark.

I did NOT churn butter or build a greenhouse out of antique doors and windows from a 16th century Catholic Church from England.

I did NOT photograph newborns in all sorts of precious positions and costumes. (I could not find anyone willing to loan me a newborn. Go figure.)

Nor did I travel to Bora Bora or watch the Northern Lights in Alaska.

Maybe next weekend... if I'm not too busy trying to make asparagus taste good.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I watched the Duggar family travel to Ireland and Scotland last night. I was totally and completely exhausted. The packing, the counting of children, the jet lag... I am totally over wanting to go on a trip ANYWHERE in the near future.

The Duggars make me tired.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Two words... Blackberry Grits. That's right. I caught up with two of my chick friends this weekend at Another Broken Egg. It has been forever since I had Blackberry Grits. I missed them.

If you get a chance, try some this week. I don't think you'll be sorry.

Have a great Monday. I hope you get a ton done. (I hope I get a ton done, too.)

I'll be back in the morning with a recipe, Randomness, more pics... you know the drill.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter