Friday, November 4, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday evening!

I added the photo of Austin doing his "thing" on the radio sports show in Jacksonville... finally. He said it was his best show this year, so I'm glad we have it well-documented.

RANDOMNESS #1 - "How can there possibly be MORE Stocking Stuffer ideas?" you ask. (I'm starting to ask that question myself.)

41. An orange to shape out the toe of the stocking

42. Ice scraper

43. Small digital camera

44. Cookie cutters

45. Makeup bag

46. Nice wooden spoons

47. Wallet

48. Speciality teas

49. Scented antibacterial kitchen hand soap

50. Pumice stones

And that's not even half the list!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm so late posting today because I had a little yard sale this morning. And when I say little, I mean "not a lot of little stuff, but several big pieces." And all the big pieces are now OUT OF THE HOUSE! Love to get rid of old stuff. Love it!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Austin spent the afternoon with MY great-nephew and great-niece, Matthew and Lauren. I'm not the least bit jealous. Nope. Not even a little bit. (I'm not speaking to The Boy at this time though, but it is totally unrelated to jealousy. Yeah, right.)

RANDOMNESS #4 - This is an interesting idea straight from this month's Martha Stewart Magazine. What do you think?

It happens once a year. You wake up on the last day of daylight saving time and realize you have an extra hour. Instead of letting it blend into the day, circle Sunday, November 6, on the calandar and consciously decide how you'd like to spend it. "The fact that we normally let it pass us by suggests that the common excuse 'If only I had another hour in the day' has some holes in it," says Laura Vanderkam.

Plan a phone date with a friend, or ask yourself, "What would I do if I was tourist in my town? Or if I had the house to myself?" Chances are, the answer won't be "Hit the snooze button."

Something to ponder this weekend.

To be honest, I'll probably hit the snooze button... several times.

Weekend Happenings

If you live in Alabama, this entire weekend is centered around one game, and one game only. Alabama v. LSU. Even die hard Auburn fans (like my family) will be watching the game tomorrow night. Everyone in Alabama will be watching the game tomorrow night. It must be done!

But before THE game, Mikie, Roxie and I are going to Jacksonville to cheer the Gamecocks to a victory, and to watch Austin march one more time his Junior year. (This will also be Fun Fall Ride #7. The new tradition continues... until every autumn leaf is on the ground!)

Josh will be doing some "school" stuff most of the day, but he'll be home in time to watch the game with the rest of the family.

Sunday is the Lovely Melia's birthday. That's right. She has a great day planned, and she and Austin will be celebrating. NOTE - She is absolutely going to LOVE my birthday gift. Roxie is adamant she will not like it... because Roxie would not like it. But I think she's wrong.

I hope she's wrong.

Roxie, Katie, Bev and I will be making our annual pilgrimage to Christmas Village for tons of "dip and hot chocolate sampling." I cannot wait. After spending one afternoon at Christmas Village, I do not have a craving for dip OR hot chocolate for months and months.

It is a very satisfying tradition.

Unless someone has forgotten to tell me something, that about says it all.

I hope you and yours have a great fall weekend. I'll be back Monday morning with Mindless Monday pics and Randomness.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter