Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Outdoor Fall Feast

Good Wednesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Fun Fall Ride #6. Mikie and I took a little time for ourselves and went on a drive up Highway 31 to Cullman. On the way we meandered through the Village at Blount Springs (beautiful) and the old neighborhoods in Cullman. Things have really changed in Cullman in the 18 years we've been living in Gardendale. It is now a booming metropolis.

But All Steak is (and will always be) the same... excellent!

(I'm going on another field trip to Cullman soon with a buddy. She's a shopper! Mikie... not so much.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - I skipped a couple of days with Pinterest Stocking Stuffer ideas, but I'll post them the rest of the week. There are some great ideas.

21. Rubik's cube

22. Loofah

23. Hair clips

24. Cuticle set

25. Jewelry

26. Batteries

27. Cooking extracts (vanilla, mint, orange etc.)

28. Mittens

29. Scented candles

30. Fishing lures

RANDOMNESS #2 - Mikie took Roxie and Kelci to Jacksonville last night for a Ladies' Basketball Girls' Night Out. They were going to meet the coaches, players, eat pizza, enter and win shooting contests, etc., etc., etc.

This is how it really went down. (Yet another list.)

1. They had a bigger turnout than expected, so they ran out of the obligatory free t-shirt. (Roxie and Kelci LIVE for the obligatory free t-shirt.)

2. They didn't have quite enough pizza. Roxie got one piece and Kelci snagged two.

3. Roxie and Kelci air balled the shooting contests. (I am assuming it is because of nerves, hunger or general disappointment about the above-mentioned t-shirt. The girls generally do not air ball.)

4. They had a good time because together they can have a good time doing just about anything!

Mikie visited The Boy at his sports radio show during this time, and he had a very enjoyable evening. He even took sports radio show pictures which I will gladly post tomorrow. Very impressive.

Wednesday Wisdom - I saw this quote last week, and I think there is probably a lot of truth in the words. Something to ponder this week.

"Those who are hardest to love need it the most." Anonymous

Outdoor Fall Feast

Okay. I haven't done this, but I've always wanted to host an Outdoor Fall Feast. Always. Ever since I saw the Martha Stewart Magazine cover that showed her having Thanksgiving in her stables... with her all-black thoroughbred horses... and lanterns... and fresh hay... with exactly 8" of snow on the ground... and for some reason the big double stable doors standing wide open... etc., etc.

I know. I know. I live in a fantasy world.

However, I do think this would be a fun, wonderful annual tradition for the fall. This is how my mind's eye pictures this tradition. (Surprise! It is in list form!)

1. I want to use old doors laid across old saw horses as the table tops.

2. I want to use mismatched wooden chairs with peeling paint.

3. I want to spread quilts on the top of the tables for tablecloths.

4. I want to use all white china on brown or rust chargers.

5. I want pumpkins and gourds and colorful fall leaves used as the centerpiece.

6. I want tons and tons of candles.

7. I want to serve soups, fresh breads, salads, casseroles and pumpkin pies and pumpkin snickerdoodles for dessert.

8. I want a brass fire pit to be ablaze at either end of the table for warmth and ambiance.

9. I want over a dozen family and friends sitting around the table.

10. I want everyone to wear a solid-colored shirt for pictures (preferably autumnal solid-colored shirts).

11. Oh! And I want everything to be set up under a magnificent old tree with vibrant yellow leaves fluttering down during the meal.

12. Oh! Oh! And I want three or four well-behaved golden retrievers nearby for petting and photo op purposes. (I know what you're thinking. "She's a beagle person." I am a beagle person, but my beagles are not really well-behaved... and sometimes they don't smell very good... and one of them is not photogenic (Copper)... and they don't understand about waiting until the humans eat before getting a few of the table scraps. They don't understand that concept AT ALL.)

The above is my "dream" fall tradition. And I am DETERMINED to begin this tradition in the near future... as soon as I find two old doors and a dozen or so "peeling paint" wooden chairs... and three or four well-behaved golden retrievers.

Heavy, heavy sigh. Maybe next year.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. Take a little time to encourage someone today... by word or deed. I'll be back tomorrow with Blog Linkage and a Date.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the page on Guestbooker. Just click on "Leave a Response" and it should work now. Also, you can comment via e-mail at mfaulkner1306@charter.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter