Monday, November 21, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

The Gallery Pics are from our Thanksgiving celebration at my Mom's yesterday. (I also have some really good photos from the Auburn/Samford game, but they are on Mikie's phone, and he has to transfer them over.) We will not be low in the "people pics" department this week.

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - Since it is a holiday weekend, there will be a few scheduling changes. I'll announce them today through Wednesday.

Monday - Mindless Monday

Tuesday - Recipes

Wednesday - Seasonal Tradition and Wednesday Wisdom

Thursday - I am taking the day off to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mike's family and meet my sister, niece and cousins at The Wynfrey for our Black Friday Shopping Tradition.

Friday - I will be posting after 5:00 p.m. Friday evening. When I come home from Black Friday Shopping around noon, I tend to crawl into the bed and sleep for four hours. (That, too, is a tradition.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - I may have gotten all the pictures I need for my Christmas Card Collage this past weekend. I will be working with the photos today and tomorrow, and hopefully, I have what I need... and my family can breathe a big sigh of relief.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Sparkle's surgery was a huge success. She was able to come home Friday afternoon, and Copper finally relaxed after she told him she had been stuck with many needles and woke up with stitches in her eyelid.

As long as she wasn't having fun with out him, I think he'll be okay.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Saturday turned out to be a good day for all. Roxie, Ally and Mike had a ball at Auburn... and Auburn won. Austin had a great time with the Southerners in Tennessee... and JSU won. Josh loved working all day at the Christmas Tree Farm... and I told him about everyone winning when he came home.

I got a lot of Christmas shopping and Thanksgiving cooking done, so I was pretty happy, too.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I HAD to take a million pictures yesterday of all the cousins at Grandmother's house. Grandmother doesn't know it, but Bev is making her a really neat gift using individual shots of the kids. I don't know how to explain it, but I'll show you a picture of the finished project Christmas Day.

RANDOMNESS #5 - Every year at Thanksgiving, my family draws a name out of a bowl. The person chosen has to pick a Christmas movie for the entire family to watch together. My name was drawn out of the bowl this year... and my movie pick was The Preacher's Wife starring Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington.

This isn't a huge Christmas hit like The Santa Clause or Elf or Home Alone, but I love it. Good music, cute kids and a sweet story. I'm so glad I rigged the drawing!

RANDOMNESS #6 - I have to share a link with you today, because Thursday or Friday will be too late.

Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and read their post entitled "Thanksgiving Prep." They have some EXCELLENT Thanksgiving Week ideas. I'm going to try a couple of them!

I apologize for the exceptionally long post on a Monday. There's a lot going on, and for some reason I feel a bit chatty today.

I'll be back in the morning with a really good Italian recipe. I especially love Italian dishes because they make great leftovers.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Chatty Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter