Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hootenanny AND Chili Dip

Good Tuesday morning!

Baby, it's cold outside! I'm loving this winter weather... because I look so much better in winter-wear than summer-wear, you see. It's my time to shine!

The Gallery Pics are from the decorating process at Faulkner Farms (1842). Slowly, but surely, everything is getting done. My finishing goal is Friday, December 2, because my extended family is coming over for our Christmas Movie Night.

My name was picked out of the Movie Bowl Drawing this Thanksgiving, and my Christmas movie pick was The Preacher's Wife starring Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston. It's a remake, but the music is wonderful, the story is sweet and the kid is adorable. And guess what? No one else in my family has ever seen it. Can't wait.

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - I've decided to have a Christmas contest! Every time you leave a comment on Guestbooker (at the bottom of the page), your name will go into a drawing bowl. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER DAY!

I will draw the winner next Friday morning, December 9!

What is the prize? What is the prize?

I knew you would ask. I will be giving away a BEAUTIFUL, HOMEMADE Christmas dishrag... PLUS, a bottle of Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap. (See picture below.)

The contest starts today, so go to Guestbooker, click on Leave a Response and follow the instructions. I promise it will work this time!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Well, I'm still not nervous about speaking tonight... which is probably not a very good sign. I'm prepared. My 15-minute talk is now lasting 19 minutes, but when I get in front of people I tend to speed it up a little... which means the entire talk will probably last about 4 minutes. (At least I won't be going over!)

It's going to be a good night. I'm getting there early to look at all the tablescapes. Fun fact for you... I LOVE tablescapes. They are very inspiring, I think.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I know you've been wondering if The 12 Days of Inflatables would make an appearance on the blog this year. The answer is YES!

I've already spotted some new inflatables around town (and at Lowe's), so The 12 Days will officially begin December 1. (I don't post new inflatables over the weekend, so we'll end The 12 Days a little before Christmas Eve. I hope you don't mind.

RANDOMNESS #3 - The Faulkner Five 2011 Christmas Card is almost finished. It is VERY simple, but there are a lot of pictures... nine to be exact! Oh, and I chose to put "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" as our Christmas greeting because I don't particularly care about being politically correct if it means NOT mentioning Christ whenever I feel the urge to do so.

Yep. I'm a rebel that way! Feel free to be a rebel with me.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I wanted to share this little tidbit I read recently.

"I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays... let them overtake me unexpectedly... waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself, 'Why, this is Christmas Day!'" David Grayson

I love the phrase "I drift along into the holidays... let them overtake me unexpectedly." "Drifting" is a little foreign to me, but I like the sound of it, don't you?

Hootenanny (Oven Pancake)

This is a Pinterest recipe I tried last week. Very good... and easy.

You will need the following:

1 cup white flour
1 cup milk
6 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cube melted butter

1. Blend all of the ingredients together EXCEPT the butter.

2. Pour batter into greased 9" x 13" pan.

3. Pour butter over the top. DO NOT MIX.

4. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

5. Cut into pieces and drizzle with syrup. Serve.

Guys, it does NOT get easier, or more delicious.

Chili Dip

This recipe is also from Pinterest, and it is VERY good.

You will need the following:

1 can Hormel chili, with or without beans
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound bacon
4 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1. Heat over to 350 degrees.

2. Cook bacon. Crumble.

3. Mix everything together in large bowl.

4. Spread mixture into pie pan.

5. Cook for 20 minutes.

This dip is thick, so you need a substantial dippin' chip. Frito's Scoops work very well.

Have a warm Tuesday, if possible. I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition, Randomness, pictures and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter