Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ride the Rails Date

Good Thursday morning!

My goodness! It's a little brisk out there this morning... and I love brisk!

The Gallery Pics are of family members trying to leave for school and/or work. "Wait!" I yelled. "I have to put some people pics in the Gallery. Everyone thinks you've all left the 'Crazy Tree Woman,' and that is why ALL of my photos are of leaves."

As you will soon see, the pictures are not "Christmas Card Contenders" in any way, shape or form.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I am an emotional mess, I tell you. Regis' last show is tomorrow, and I am beside myself. I've been using the DVR the past two weeks to record the shows to watch while I iron, and today's show was almost too much.

Tears. I cried real tears this morning.

I am SO pathetic.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I tried Rachel Ray's Baked Parmesan Tilapia Tuesday night for dinner. Mikie liked it, but he was the only one. And as everyone knows, I must have three out of five Faulkners loving a dish before I prepare it again. I simply must.

DISCLAIMER - That's right. There is an exception to every rule, and I must admit my tilapia was incredibly "fishy" tasting. (I like fish that doesn't taste "fishy." I know. It doesn't make a lot of sense.)

DISCLAIMER CONTINUED - I bought the tilapia on sale at a local grocery store which offers Buy One, Get One Free deals. When I mentioned this at the dinner table that evening, Josh made a valid point.

"I'm all for saving money, but maybe the family meat isn't where we should try to save. Peanut butter and cereal are one thing. I think a little money should be invested in the meat products." That's paraphrased... a little bit.

Point taken. From now on, BOGO refers to anything and everything OTHER than meat... or dairy... or really, really good foundation garments.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I'm starting to have "bad" dreams about speaking at Tis the Season in a couple of weeks. Well, not actually bad dreams. It is more like bad little snippets that stay with me from the time I wake up until my head hits the pillow again the next night.

Bad Dream Snippet #1 - Only a handful of people showed up for the event, which was good for me... Not so good for the keynote speaker.

Bad Dream Snippet #2 - No one laughed during the entire 15 minutes I spoke... and they were supposed to laugh in certain spots. In my Bad Dream Snippet, I got nervous and got the hiccups. (Shoot me now!)

Bad Dream Snippet #3 - I sneezed into the microphone. And not a dainty, lady-like sneeze. A real, big lumberjack sneeze.

Bad Dream Snippet #4 - I forgot to go to the bathroom before it was my turn to speak. And then I told everyone in the audience I had forgotten to go to the bathroom before it was my turn to speak. So uncomfortable.

I have to admit, I am afraid to go to sleep tonight.

Blog Linkage - I have TWO very good links for you to check out today.

1. Go to The Nesting Place under My Blog List and read the post entitled "Imperfect, Flexible, Doable Meal Blueprint" dated November 15. I liked the title of the post, AND the meal plan. Doable, indeed.

2. Go to www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Knit Together By Love" dated November 16. I love how the lady giving the gift said, "God gave me a little nudge." Sweet, sweet post.

Ride the Rails Date

Want to enjoy ONE more Fun Fall Ride this Saturday, November 19. I thought so.

Grab one of the kiddos, and take him or her on a Ride the Rails Date! The details are below:

The Calera and Shelby Train Ride begins at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum.

Turn back the clock as you ride the historic train consisting of passenger cars built between 1910 and 1955 pulled by first generation diesel electric locomotives. The Calera & Shelby Railroad runs on a portion of the former L & N Railroads (established in 1891), that transported the raw materials to Birmingham's steel industry. Board the train at our turn-of-the-century depot and experience a ride through the scenic forests of Shelby County.

The round trip between Calera and Springs Junction will take approximately one hour.

The ticket costs are as follows: Adult $11.11; Caboose $18.52; Child $7.41; Infants are free; Locomotive $27.78. Tickets may be purchased online.

For more information, go to www.hodrrm.org or call them at 205-668-3435.

The train leaves at 11:00 a.m., so don't be late!

All aboard!

Have a terrific Thursday. I'll be back in the morning with Weekend Happenings, more human pictures and Randomness.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Friday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter