Thursday, November 10, 2011

Veteran's Day Parade Date

Good Thursday evening!

The Gallery Pics are of my sister, Bev. We had a few moments today (after we finished some holiday cooking), and I made her change her shirt and we headed outdoors. Pretty, pretty chick.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Will the Stocking Stuffer ideas never end? (I hope not. I need as many ideas as I can get.)

71. Cell phone car charger

72. Harmonica

73. Travel alarm clock

74. Speciality chocolates

75. Cute umbrella

76. Flower bulbs

77. Passport holder

78. Small digital picture frame

79. Webkinz

80. Chalk

RANDOMNESS #2 - Mom, Bev and I made dressing today. Our houses, cars and clothes smell like sauteed onion and seasoning and broth.

We are mouth watering, I tell you.

During the cooking process, I looked at Bev and noticed she was having a good hair day. A really good hair day.

"Did you bring your lipstick?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Let's take some pictures when we finish cooking."

"Okay." Beverly was very agreeable today.

"That's a bad shirt though. Good hair, but bad shirt."

No worries. Mom picked that moment to call Bev from the other room and asked her to try on a couple of shirts she was giving away. We found a soft green one we liked, and we were ready.

I thought the pics turned out very well. And so you don't think I'm an uber-bossy big sister, Bev and I ALWAYS take advantage of "good hair days," "good make-up days" and "that top makes you look WAY skinny days" when it comes to taking pictures.

I ALWAYS have the camera, so when the opportunity arises... we both go for it!

After making two double batches and four single batches of holiday dressing, we decided to reward our savory-smellin' selves by eating at Cracker Barrel.

Guess what the special was today? That's right. Turkey and dressing. (Pass!)

We ate BLTs on sourdough and beef stew... and talked... and watched leaves fall off the trees outside our Cracker Barrel window. It was lovely November day.

Blog Linkage - Since the post is so late today, you don't have a lot of time. Get BLOG HOPPIN'!

1. Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and read the post entitled "I Love You Because" dated November 10. Great idea.

2. Go to BooMama under My Blog List. Read any and all posts dated November 7 through November 11 (tomorrow). Keep reading below for details.

3. Go to Big Mama under My Blog List. Read any and all posts dated November 7 through November 11 (tomorrow). BooMama and Big Mama have gone to Ecuador on a mission trip... together. Their blog posts are different, but you'll get a great idea of what they are both doing, as well as tons of pictures.

Enjoy.

Veteran's Day Parade Date

I've mentioned it before, but it is worth mentioning again! Birmingham has the oldest and largest Veteran's Day Parade EVER!

The Parade begins tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. Plan on taking one of your guys or gals to a parade tomorrow... and enjoy. Be sure to bring an American Flag to wave, and be ready to talk about the meaning of Veteran's Day with your date.

When the parade has passed you by, make your way to a local McDonald's for apple pie and a soda. (What is more American than apple pie?)

Below find the parade route. Get there early enough to find a good spot to watch the parade! (PERSONAL NOTE - I always like to watch a parade closer to the beginning. No need making a little one wait any longer than necessary!)

Begin:
8th Avenue North and 19th Street
South on 19th Street to 5th Avenue North
East on 5th Avenue to 22nd Street
South on 22nd Street to 2nd Avenue North
West on 2nd Avenue to 18th Street
North on 18th Street to 6th Avenue North

Have a delightful Thursday evening! No school tomorrow! Be sure to remember the Veterans not only tomorrow, but every day. Heroes walk among us.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter