Monday, November 28, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from our trip to Pine Hill Tree Farm AND a few leftover Black Friday shots.

RANDOMNESS - Believe it or not, this Randomness is even more Random than most. Thus, the list...

1. Roxie actually got to go into the Iron Bowl game. She was supposed to tailgate, but at the last minute, they found tickets. She was thrilled. Not so much with the outcome, but definitely the experience.

2. Josh worked at the Tree Farm all weekend long, and had great weather except for yesterday. He loved it.

3. Josh told us at dinner they "lit" trees yesterday while it was raining. The following conversation ensued.

"When you say 'we lit trees,' does that mean you actually put lights on the trees?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I didn't know you could do that. I'm going to let you put the lights on our tree," I said gleefully.

"I don't do that here. I just do that there."

"But I want a flocked, lit tree... and you flock and light. You just said so."

"But I don't do that here. I just do that there."

Guess what Josh is doing tonight. He's lighting trees. And guess what else? He's putting my giant inflatables in the front yard. And guess what else? If I can find a "Can o' Flock," he's flocking my tree.

If you bump into Josh today, don't tell him you read this. He may not come home!

4. In Pinterest news, I baked bacon in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes on parchment paper (covered in foil). No mess, and perfectly cooked crispy bacon.

I made a Hootenanny pancake. I'll give you the recipe tomorrow, but you pour a few ingredients in a 9" x 13" pan and bake it for 25 minutes at 400 degrees (beside the bacon). It makes a giant pancake. You just cut and serve. (Pancakes and bacon... no mess!)

I made a dip from Pinterest. I'll share that recipe tomorrow, too. It was Roxie's favorite Thanksgiving dish this year, and it was SO easy to make. It's already on the Super Bowl Party 2012 menu.

5. Decorating officially begins today.

6. The Christmas Puzzle Table will be put up today.

7. If you pull up beside me at a traffic light today or tomorrow, and I appear to be talking to myself, I am. I'm practicing for my 15 minute talk/testimony/presentation for tomorrow night's Tis the Season program at our church.

Karen Spann is the main speaker, and I cannot wait to hear her!

8. The Faulkner Five's new favorite game is Mad Gab. ALL FIVE FAULKNERS like it. That is unheard of in these parts. For this, I am thankful.

9. I thought I would be able to wait until Christmas to hold my new great-niece, Lauren, (again) but I'm having massive withdrawals today. I don't know if I can wait until the 24th.

Have a great Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with two recipes from Pinterest that I have tried and enjoyed. I'll have pictures, Randomness and so much more. Everything will be Christmas-oriented over the next few weeks, so be prepared.

I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Pinterest Queen... Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter