Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

I have no pictures of The Boy today. He got in after I had put my camera to bed. However, I did take a very nice photo of some hobos. Enjoy!

RANDOMNESS #1 - JOSH IS COMING HOME TONIGHT! I'm a little excited... and relieved... and ready. The two kids still left at home are slowly sucking the life out of me. Did I say slowly? I meant rapidly! If you are contemplating having two kids versus three kids, I highly recommend the number three. They kind of bounce off of each other before bothering (I mean, "coming to") the Mother Unit.

Three is a very good number, and tonight I will have my three again. YEA!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I saw Larry Crowne yesterday. I didn't wait on reviews, comments or suggestions. Roxie and a couple of chicks wanted to see Transformers 3 (2 hours and 30 minutes of clanking robots... not counting 30 minutes of previews).

In my heart of hearts, I know I would have enjoyed Transformers 3 very much, but the time commitment was so huge, I had to let it go. I mean, I don't drink anything during a regular-length movie so I can make it through without a bathroom break. I would have had to stop hydrating the night before to sit through a 3 hour movie. I'm not being negative. I know my kidneys!

However, as luck would have it, Larry Crowne was playing in the same theater, but it started 40 minutes after Transformers. PERFECT! Because, you see, Larry Crowne only lasted 1 hour and 39 minutes (with 30 minutes of previews). (Fun fact for you... I love previews almost as much as the movie itself. The more, the better.)

I went in after the girls were settled, and came out 20 minutes before they finished their movie.

Larry Crowne was very good. It was not a laugh out loud (LOL) kind of movie, but it was a story movie. Several times I found myself just sitting there with a smile on my face, which is almost as pleasant as going to a LOL kind of movie.

There were three or four "inappropriate for kiddo" scenes, and one curse word that came out of nowhere. It didn't fit with the situation. It didn't fit in the conversation. It didn't fit the character. It was blaring... which lets you know, Hollywood will do anything to push the limits as much as they possibly can whenever they possibly can.

It was a movie where you lived for the kiss at the end. I love movies where you live for the kiss at the end.

It was a kiss worth living for!

I think the reason I like Tom Hanks so much is because he looks "normal." He is charming, a great storyteller and a normal-looking guy. I like that in an actor!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Don't forget to check Belinda's Project Life under My Blog List. A picture a day for a whole year... and that year is winding down. It has gone by unbelievably fast. I'll be adding pics tonight, Saturday and Sunday.

Weekend Happenings

Tonight, Roxie, Mike and I are going to pick Josh up at the camp. They put on a big concert, and we get to bring him home after the entertainment. I will be taking pictures tonight, because those will be the only pictures taken from this week-long experience... since he lost my digital point-and-shoot camera during his LAST TRIP! (Still a little bitter. Can you tell?)

Austin is working at the Chick this weekend, and trying to get a date for a couple of his college buddies to visit in the next couple of weeks. That is always a fun time.

Mikie is finishing his work deadline this weekend if all goes as planned.

I am cooking, cleaning and hauling Roxie here and there. (And don't tell Roxie, but she's giving the beagles a bath this weekend. A much needed bath, I might add.)

I know what you're thinking. This is almost too much excitement to put in one post. Just seeing it in writing takes my breath away!

Actually, I'm just trying to get the Faulkner Five back in the same county at the same time. That's it. My only goal for the weekend.

I hope you have a great weekend, too. I'll be back Monday with camp pictures (Josh), Farkle pictures (me and Austin) and Roxie pictures (Roxie, Roxie, Roxie).

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter