Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

I have Good News/Bad News in the Gallery Department today. Are you ready? (I always want the Bad News first... and then I hope the Good News will fix it. Sometimes I am sorely disappointed.)

Bad News - The Gallery is lacking today. I know that. I am so sorry the Faulkner Five are SO un-photogenic this week. So, so sorry.

Good News - The next two weeks of Gallery pics should be awesome. I mean really, really awesome... and very plentiful. And that's all I'm going to say about that!

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - I'll be taking a few days off next week. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, to be exact. But I will most definitely post MONDAY and FRIDAY, so be sure to visit if you get a chance.

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Big Gold Van has been in the shop this week. I have missed her. I have had to drive whatever vehicle has been parked in the driveway for errands and such. Thankfully, the boys' work/social schedules have not overlapped very much, and I haven't lost too much road time.

However, driving around in Josh's smaller car has made me painfully aware of how much I like to be UP and LOOKING DOWN on other vehicles when I drive. I like it a lot. When it is time for the Big Gold Van to go to Big Gold Van Heaven (which, let's face it, could be any time now), I know I'm still going to want a vehicle with some height.

A three-bedroom RV or an 18-wheeler cab comes to mind.

I mentioned this to Mikie (again), but he just shook his head and walked away. I think he wants to buy me a moped, which will be fine for tooting around the neighborhood. But he and I both know, in the end, I'll probably end up getting a newer model Big Gold Van! That would make me very happy.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I found the following in my blog travels this morning, and I totally related to some of the things listed. See what you think.

Ten Ways to Know Summer Has Gone on Too Long
By Cheryl Moeller

1. You let the kids play with the water hose... in the living room.

2. Mom and dad are doing full-out cannon ball dives at the community swimming pool. That is, until they are asked to leave.

3. Bedtime is now 7:30 sharp... in the morning.

4. You roasted s'mores with the kids over an open fire last night... right after the marshmallow caught fire on your stove top.

5. You make truckloads of lemonade for dinner... using the water from the fire hydrant.

6. You call your friends and tell them you're calling from seaside at Martha's Vineyard. Actually you're sitting in a very small plastic wading pool.

7. You contact Carnival Cruise Line on-line and ask if they will sell your family one-way tickets.

8. You tell your husband you're having "shrimp on the barbie" for supper. This is your way of telling your husband your five year-old daughter left her favorite doll on the gas grill.

9. You call your favorite baby-sitter and insist tonight she read a story and make macaroni and cheese... for you.

10. Mom finally takes a nap, and doesn't even notice she's under the sprinkler.

Weekend Happenings

We'll be working this weekend. Working at the Chick (Austin and Josh), cutting yards (Mikie & Sons), washing vehicles (everyone), washing dogs (Roxie), doing laundry (GUESS!), cooking, etc., etc., etc.

Not exciting, but definitely needed. Of course, there will be some fun thrown in here and there for good measure.

All work and no play makes the Faulkner Five exceedingly grumpy.

Have a lovely weekend. I hope all your plans come to fruition (good word). I'll be back bright and early Monday morning with Mindless Monday.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter