Monday, July 18, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics tell part of our weekend story. As I predicted, it was a Work Weekend, but everyone did a great job. Lots of yard cutting, Chick shifts, dog washing, furniture moving. You name a job, a Faulkner did it this weekend.

REMINDER! REMINDER! REMINDER! - I’m taking a much needed blogging break. I’ll be back Saturday morning, July 23, so don’t think anything is wrong. My mind is just a little fried, and I need to take a few days to get a fresh perspective.

RANDOMNESS #1 - In other news, our houseboat trip is looming in the not-so-distant future. I’m thinking we should definitely name our vessel. Something fitting. Something unique. Something totally “ME.”

I’m thinking “Fred.”

I’ll wait until I actually stand on the deck before I decide though. I’m taking a bottle of Sparkling White Grape Juice to christen the vessel. That should be fun. And maybe, just maybe, we won’t be fined for breaking a glass bottle on the side of the boat on the lake.

I’ve picked out my “going on shore” outfit for our one night out on the town, and it is pretty cute. And I’ve decided that my nickname while on the boat will be “Skippy,” and not “Mom,” “Enchanting” or “Babe.” I’m going totally nautical.

I’m also planning on getting some air on the jet ski. It will probably be a complete accident, but I’m pretty sure I can do it.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I don’t know if you are officially counting down the days until I am 50 years of age. Perhaps you have your own life! However, the time is fast approaching. Only 40 more days to be exact.

It is a very daunting number… and a very daunting decade. If I think about it too long, I ultimately have the beginning of a migraine.

I take care of the migraine with a Mountain Dew and a migraine tablet. These two things combined take care of the impending headache, but usually make me very jittery, and I tend to start rambling.

The rambling usually causes the glazed-over eyes of my kids or anyone else who might be in the vicinity when I start thinking about turning 50... get a migraine headache… and medicate myself with tons of caffeine.

Fifty is going to be a really good year. I can already tell. I have such a good attitude about it, and all. Just saying.

Have a memorable Monday. I’ll be back Saturday morning with Weekend Happenings, photos galore and a fresh view of all things “simple.”

Take care, and I’ll talk to you in a few days.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda (a/k/a Skippy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter