Monday, July 25, 2011

Mindless Monday and Houseboating 101

Good Monday morning!

I've been gone for a few days, so it feels good to return to the normalcy that is "the blog."

The Gallery Pics for the next few days will be from our Lake Lanier Houseboating Adventure. We had a wonderful time (all five of us), and I'll be sharing some houseboating tips for those of you who may be wanting to try this kind of trip with your own family. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's posts will be full of pros (and a few cons) of our trip. We learned as we went along, but we all want to go back next year.

REMINDER! REMINDER! REMINDER! - Remember... If you need anything from the 650 or so posts on A Simple Life (located at the FIRST address), I haven't been able to move everything to one spot... yet! I'm still working on it. You can still log on to that first blog by going to www.belindafaulkner.blogspot.com.

You'll be the first to know when the move takes place. I promise.

RANDOMNESS - I still love the website www.1000awsomethings.com. It makes you open your eyes and actually look for the LITTLE things that bring a smile to your face. Here are a few more awesome things to think about today.

448. The smell and feel of bedsheets that dried in the sun. (Love this one!)

447. Walking into a crowded party and locking eyes with someone you know across the room.

446. When your plugged up nostril just suddenly opens up with no warning.

445. Pulling a weed and getting all the roots with it.

444. Driving over a small hill in your car. (Love that feeling when your stomach jumps a little.)

443. Looking up while underwater.

442. Figuring out how we got on this topic.

441. The point on a road trip when you’re really far from where you started and really far from where you’re going.

440. Correctly guessing an old password you haven’t used in a while. (Eureka!)

438. Your "Almost Name."

437. Seeing a plane from another plane.

436. When the subway doors stop right in front of you. (I don't know about this one personally, but it sounds good to me.)

Day One - Houseboating Adventure on Lake Lanier

Today, I have given you specifics about the houseboat itself using the pictures below.

On Tuesday, I will give you more details, PLUS a story about our adventure.

Wednesday morning, I will give you the final details (including cost, pros and cons, etc.)... and one or two more stories. Pictures will be plentiful the next three days, I promise.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me OR Facebook me. Some of you with Google Accounts will be able to leave a comment. I'll answer or respond to any comments.

Have a wonderful Monday. Summer is quickly winding down, so I am in panic mode trying to squeeze in every bit of "summerness" I possibly can before the school year begins. Wish me luck!

I'll be back Tuesday morning with a recipe, Randomness, houseboat pics and tips and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter