Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Mike, Austin and I went to the Powder Puff Football Game last night, and although the Freshman chicks were not victorious, they certainly looked good. And when it is all said and done, isn't that the most important thing?



Kelci was definitely going after someone, but I could never figure out who it was.



I was so sad Roxie didn't have a chance to show everyone her Victory Touchdown Dance... but you have to make an actual touchdown for that to occur, and the Seniors were not allowing any Freshman touchdowns last night. None. Nada.





Roxie and friends.





RANDOMNESS #2 - I mentioned I had some favorite things I would share this morning. It takes very little to get on my "favorites" list these days.

1. Roxie has started talking in a British accent during dinner every night. It cracks me up... to the point I have sweet tea coming out of my nose. Since I have never been to London to visit the Queen, it sounds very authentic to me. Austin says it needs work.

I think she does a jolly good job.

2. I heard a song at the Choir Concert Tuesday night I LOVED. It was called Somebody's Praying. When we were leaving the concert, I told Mike how much I enjoyed that song. He smiled, popped a CD into his car CD player and we listened to Ricky Skaggs sing Somebody's Praying with simple piano accompaniment all the way home. And then we sat in the driveway and listened to it one more time.

Beautiful.

RANDOMNESS #3 - If you have a minute today, go to The Nesting Place under My Blog List and read yesterday's post entitled "Decorating Truths From a 15 Year-Old Tanzanian Boy." It is so touching. I almost cried when I saw the picture of The Nester standing beside the young man she and her family sponsor. He has such a sweet, shy smile. I think you'll like it.

Weekend Happenings

I can sum up this weekend in five little words. "Walk with me" and "Mother's Day."

Roxie and I will be walking in the Pink Ribbon Run this evening which raises money for breast cancer. My friend, Tonya, a two-time breast cancer survivor sponsors this walk, and Roxie and I are proud to be a part of an event that raises money for such a worthy cause.

Tomorrow morning, The Faulkner Five, Bev's family, Melia, Stephanie and Mom will be participating in our first ever Team Tootsie MotherWalk. Since this is our first MotherWalk, it will be a learning experience, but we are looking forward to walking as a family to raise money for ovarian cancer research.

After the walk, we're all going out to eat to celebrate Mother's Day with Mom. (And, of course, we want to replace the calories we just walked off!)

It's going to be a fun day, because I've planned a Faulkner Family Date for Saturday evening and we're all (including the Lovely Melia) going out to eat and to the movies. We're seeing The Avengers, Baby! Austin, Josh and Melia have already seen the movie, but they all agreed it was worth a second (and maybe even a third) trip.

It's going to be EPIC!

We'll be visiting Mike's mother Sunday for a few hours, and that will wrap up our weekend very nicely.

Family, family, family.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend. I'll be back next week with pics from all the festivities and so much more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I wish there had been a sign in my front yard when I was "nesting" many years ago.



"CAUTION: New Mothers while nesting can be aggressive. Feed. Feed chocolate. Feed often."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter