Monday, May 28, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

I want to start today's post by publicly giving a big, heartfelt "THANK YOU" to all the men and women who are serving or have served our country in the Armed Forces. I also want to thank the families of those who serve. The sacrifice you have made and are making selflessly for others is extraordinary. I want you to know you are appreciated, admired and loved by The Faulkner Five.

And a very special "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to my friend, Andrew, who is celebrating his 21st birthday in bootcamp today. I am so proud of you and your family.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Austin and Melia celebrated their 4th Anniversary (of dating) this weekend. On Friday, Melia planned a fun date doing "Austin-Type" things. They went to a shooting range and a new-to-them Italian restaurant. It was the perfect date for The Boy. Perfect.

Melia comes up with good ideas for birthdays, anniversaries and other events all the time. It's harder for Austin. Especially when Roxie and I refuse to help. (It's time for The Boy to start doing these things on his own!)

But Austin did a good job. Since it was their 4th anniversary, Austin picked FOUR of Melia's favorite things and worked the date around those items.

1. He gave her a gift bag FULL of Sweet Tarts. Melia LOVES Sweet Tarts... and now she has enough for at least a year.

2. He took her to her one of her favorite stores and SHOPPED with her. He bought a pretty skirt for her to wear Sunday morning.

3. He asked me to go to Railroad Park around 5:30 to take pictures of the two of them to remember their 4th anniversary. (YEA!)

4. He took her to Brio's (one of her favorite restaurants) for dinner.

These two know how to make an anniversary special, don't they?













There was live music at Railroad Park Saturday night. I knew it was just a matter of time before the two of them danced... I just didn't know it was going to be "The Slide."





RANDOMNESS #2 - Sunday was a "tubing" kind of day, so after church, The Faulkner Five and The Lovely Melia went to Inland Lake for tubing, swimming and boating. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.





The only "Before" picture.





Something bad is about to happen.



Well, not too bad.











Melia looks good riding in a boat. You'll notice there is NOT a picture of me! I'm more of a "I-look-better-completely-dry-and-coiffed-and-in-low-light" kind of person.



I've run out of time. I guess that's my new "motto." I don't like it, and I plan on doing something about it in the very near future... but not today!

I'll be back tomorrow with TWO recipes, Josh's Journey, more Randomness and more pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter