Monday, May 7, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS - We had a here, there and everywhere kind of weekend. I've decided to do the "Friday, Saturday, Sunday" thing to keep it organized.

Friday - Prom! I can honestly say I've never dressed my guys in pink or purple, but Josh rocked the lavender tux. That doesn't mean I'm going to run out and buy lavender shirts... but if I did, I now know he would wear them well.



Josh and his good friend, Kyle. Didn't they clean up good?



I LOVED Reagan's boots.



We saw DOZENS (no exaggeration) of kids from our high school at the Botanical Gardens. It was THE place to be for prom pictures. It was like a fantastic FREE fashion show. (Martin, Gracie, Reagan and Josh.)





Mikie didn't wear a tux, but he looked really good, too.



I know this pictures is TOO bright, but I love Josh's hair in bright sunlight. What can I say? The limo was secondary to his hair!

Austin and Melia took a group of Austin's Sunday School guys (9th Grade) to see The Avengers. Basically, Austin was "the ride," and was not involved in the planning phase of the outing. (He's been trained from an early age to "Fandango" blockbuster movie tickets on opening night.)

The group arrived at the theater to a sold-out movie. They then decided to try another theater which had a 10:00 p.m. showing. While they were riding, all of the guys checked out the new plans with parents. Upon arriving at the new theater, they discovered the 10:00 p.m. movie was sold out. That left the 11:15 p.m. showing. More phone calls were made, and with parental permission, Melia, Austin and the guys made it back to our fair city around 2:30 a.m.

Not the smoothest outing, but definitely a learning experience.

Three words... Fandango! Fandango! Fandango!

Roxie spent her Friday evening practicing football. That's right! The Freshmen girls are playing the Senior girls in Powder Puff Football this week. It's an annual event at the high school, and since Roxie is our first and only chick, this will be a new experience for me and Mikie. (I just hope she doesn't hurt anyone!)

Since prom pictures were taken, Austin and Company were trying to see a movie and Roxie was throwing the pigskin around, Mikie and I decided to have a quick date. (If you are counting, this was DATE NUMBER 1 of the Date Your Mate Month dates.) We went to Niki's West for a quiet dinner after a rather hectic week. It was lovely.

Saturday - Roxie volunteered at the Magnolia Festival Saturday morning. She was assigned to the Face Painting Table. And she did good!



It was a very hot job...



But someone had to do it!

Poor Josh had a study session from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday morning. There is no rest for the prom-weary.

Austin worked at the Chick.

As the day progressed, it became clear Roxie was going to stay at the Festival with friends until time for dinner. She then went out to eat with more friends before being dropped off at the house.

It also became clear, Josh was going to sleep until Sunday.

Abandoned by our many children, Mikie and I decided "go-with-the-flow" style to go fishing. (If you are still counting, this was DATE NUMBER 2!) We had a ball.

I haven't been fishing in decades, so I really enjoyed it. Even though we go fishing with the kids, I have never fished because with three or four people casting at the same time, it's kind of dangerous. But with just the two of us on a quiet, peaceful lake, it was near perfection.

I was sorry to see the sun go down. (And it didn't even bother me we didn't catch a single fish... which is odd for a person like me.)



This was my lure. If I had caught a fish (big or small) using this lure, I told Mikie I wanted to go directly to Bass Pro Shop, buy a cool fishing hat (if such a thing exists) and attach my "lucky" lure to the hat... forever. Since no fish were caught, I'll have to wait until next time! (The lure is pretty, don't you think?)



This is the main reason I feel the need to purchase a cool fishing hat. I do NOT have good "boat riding" hair. At all. Never have. Never will. (The sooner I buy the cool fishing hat, the better.)



I love Inland Lake. It is so beautiful and peaceful. It helps you calm down and breathe. (I may need to live there one day.)



I cannot wait to go again.

Sunday - Sunday dinner after church was very, very quiet. Everyone was tired. After lunch, Roxie and Josh retired to their bedrooms for some much-needed catch-up sleep. Austin and Mikie watched sporting events. (Do not ask me which ones.) I met my Mom to check out the route for the MotherWalk we are participating in as a family this coming weekend. You'll be glad to know there are NO hills.

Sunday evening we just hung around the house. And it was good!

This is truly a Mindless Monday. Very few words... a lot of pics... and the promise of good things to come this week. Mother's Day and Graduation will take center stage for recipes, tradition ideas and dates. (And don't forget Blog Linkage. There will be a TON of good ideas in Thursday's Blog Linkage!)

Have a great Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of recipes to make your Mother's Day Weekend easier AND delicious.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter