Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Moist Tex-Mex Cornbread

Good Tuesday morning!

It's already Tuesday! The school year is winding down quickly. We are in the midst of volleyball/basketball tryouts this week. Roxie made the first cut of volleyball tryouts yesterday. The second and final cut will be this afternoon. Tomorrow she will begin basketball tryouts.

The chick is nervous... and fretful... and tired. However, she has been very pleasant the last two mornings, which always makes me happy.

I'll keep you updated on any and all volleyball/basketball news as it happens!



Josh was a good brother and picked Roxie up from volleyball tryouts. I didn't know if she had made the first cut or not. It looked promising...



And, YES! First cut is out of the way!

As promised, here are a few more pictures from last Friday's Pink Ribbon Run...





Fun fact for you... Roxie loves to run. This is a recent discovery, and I have added it to the list of things I do NOT understand about The Chick.



Two more friends... Laci and Hannah.

More pictures from MotherWalk 2012...



Bev and Katie.



Did you know we have an active Roller Derby League in Birmingham? I didn't! There were some very nice Roller Derby chicks marking our Fun Run trail. Our favorite was the one with the bright pink hair.



Josh and Grandmother walked the last half of the mile together.



I know what you're thinking. "She posted that picture yesterday."

Now I'll tell you what I'm thinking. I liked it, so I posted it again!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I know most of you in our area have already heard this news. They are filming a movie in downtown Birmingham. The movie stars Harrison Ford. There have not been any Harrison Ford sightings yet, but I feel the need to spend the day parked in The Big Gold Van as close to the action as I can possibly get... just in case.

If I could get a picture of Harrison Ford (WITHOUT his diamond stud earring), I would be happy for days and days. I would hang it next to my Astronaut John Glenn picture in my "Famous People" Gallery.

I know a "Gallery" usually consists of more than one or two items, but mine is a work in progress. A very slow work in progress.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Sunday we ate lunch with Mike's family. That's CODE for Matthew and Lauren!

After lunch, Matthew gave us a tour of his part of Grandpa and Grandma's garden... and then he blew raspberries with Uncle Mike and Roxie for the remainder of our visit. The kid is an expert at the raspberry. An expert, I tell you!

Brandi kept Lauren awake until we arrived, but shortly after, Miss Blue Eyes had to take a nap. She had been to Sunday School and church, and it was exhausting. (Lauren and I have a lot in common.)

It was a good visit. We get to see them again next week at Graduation, so May is a twofer.



Becky, Mrs. Faulkner and Mikie



This is picture of Becky, mother of Brandi... and Brandi, mother of Matthew and Lauren.

RANDOMNESS #3 - My Mother's Day (which is usually celebrated the week after the regular Mother's Day) is in pieces this year. Because EVERYONE was free Saturday night (which is unusual), we went on my Mother's Day outing (The Avengers). I also received my Mother's Day cards and corsage Sunday morning bright and early.

To finish off my celebration, I'll be going out to eat with The Faulkner Five sometime this coming weekend, and I'll receive my gifts. (You know... My three hanging baskets for the front porch!) There's not a lot of "surprise" with "set-in-stone" traditions, but I'm okay with that. It suits me!



This was the best picture made of me and the kids, and there are so many things wrong with it. I didn't know it until after church, but I was having another bad hair day. I thought I looked really good on the way out the door... but I was obviously mistaken.

Also, Josh looks short. Well, short for Josh. He's standing about three feet behind "the group." He may have been trying to back his way OUT of the picture. I don't know, and I don't care.

This is my official 2012 Mother's Day Picture, and I'm keeping it!



The purple corsage. A must-have on Mother's Day.

Moist Tex-Mex Cornbread

Ahhh. Another Pinterest recipe to add to my ever-growing list.

We are a cornbread-lovin' family. We don't eat it with every meal, but if the soup or chili calls for it, we indulge.

I like moist cornbread. I LOVE anything Tex-Mex. It is no wonder this recipe caught my eye.

You will need the following:

1/2 cup Miracle Whip Dressing
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drain well
1 package (8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drain well
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Mix dressing, eggs and cayenne pepper in large bowl.

3. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until just moistened.

4. Pour into greased 8" square baking dish.

5. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.

I know what you're thinking! We're having soup tonight, too!

Have a magnificent Tuesday! Is there any other kind? I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition and a few more pics left over from the past weekend.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter