Monday, May 14, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day Weekend.

I have so many pics from events/festivities/celebrations, I may need to spread them over the next few days. In fact, I think I will.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Last week could officially be called "The Week of the T-Shirt." Between Thursday night and Saturday morning, Roxie had three new, cute, very wearable t-shirts.



Remember this one from Thursday night's Powder Puff Game? I know she's mine, but the chick looks great in orange.



She received a dark gray t-shirt (her favorite color) from the Pink Ribbon Run Friday night. This is a picture of Roxie, Scotty and Andy.



And then she wore bright teal in the MotherWalk 2012 for Ovarian Cancer.

Needless to say, we didn't have to go t-shirt shopping this past weekend. YEA!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Friday Night - The Pink Ribbon Run - Roxie and friends ran/walked the 5K Friday night to raise money for a cure for Breast Cancer. Live music, balloons, cool t-shirts and FRIENDS made the night totally fun... but exhausting.



These shoes didn't belong to Roxie. They belonged to our hip, cool friend Miss Paula. I envy her ability to rock these shoes. I have to admit, I don't think I could do it... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. I feel the need to go tennis shoe shopping in the very near future.



Roxie and friends (including Miss Robin) were ready to run. It was such a nice, cool spring evening. Just right for a 5K. Or should I say, "Just right to watch a 5K!" That's right. I sat this one out. I mean, I bought the t-shirt, took pictures and socialized. I was an amazing part of the support team.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.



This is Roxie and her friend, Seth. Seth's mom, Tonya, is a two-time breast cancer survivor. She has put this event together for the past four years. Simply put, Tonya is a hero and a role model to everyone she meets.



Believe it or not, this is the final lap. Roxie and Ally finished well!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Saturday Morning - MotherWalk 2012 - My Mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer in 2011. She told us last Mother's Day (May 8). She underwent surgery and chemo between May and November... and this May, Team Tootsie crossed the Finish Line 13 people strong.



Along with The Faulkner Five, Bev's family and Mom, Melia and Stephanie joined our team. The more the merrier!



Melia and Austin.



Brad and Stephanie.



Although "some" of Team Tootsie could have completed the 5K, we decided to complete the One Mile Fun Run together. Together is always better.



As everyone knows, the best way to celebrate the end of a 5K or a Fun Run is a trip to Cracker Barrel for some checkers and FOOD!



We're ready for September... and another new t-shirt. (Our next scheduled 5K/Fun Run!)

RANDOMNESS #4 - I couldn't wait until next week for ALL of my Mother's Day festivities. The Faulkner Five and The Lovely Melia were free Saturday night, and I asked everyone to take me to see The Avengers for my Mother's Day outing... and they did!

It was a great movie. Epic! I could see it again and again. (Mainly because I'm 50 years of age, and I don't retain as much as I did at 49. Getting older can be expensive when it comes to going to the movies. Especially when you have to see the good ones two or three times to "get it.")

RANDOMNESS #5 - I'll post our Mother's Day celebration with Mike's family tomorrow.

RANDOMNESS #6 - I know it isn't Thursday, but The Dating Divas under My Blog List have posted 18 Movie Date ideas today. You NEED to go there immediately! I'll have more Blog Linkage on Thursday. I promise.

I'll be back tomorrow with a really good recipe, more Randomness and pics. Graduation ideas will be the main focus during the next two weeks. Be sure to leave any traditions or ideas you and your family have tried in the Comment Section. We're always open for suggestions on A Simple Life. ALWAYS!

Take care, and I'll be back in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter