Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Twinkie Pie

Good Tuesday morning!

Mikie finally showed me how to get my Mindless Monday pics on the blog. I apologize for the delay, but nothing about the computer is "easy" for me. I am (and have always been) "technically" challenged... to say the least.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I was able to watch the final two episodes of Kate Plus Eight last night, and now I finally feel some closure.

Because I was so terribly close to Jon and Kate and the kids, it was difficult for me to let go of all the good memories.

(You'll remember I went to the Southern Women's Show several years ago and took pictures of Jon and Kate during a Question and Answer forum. I was also asked by a Security Guard to "keep moving, Ma'am" when I stopped in the autograph line to take 14 quick pics. Our relationship was complicated at best. Heavy, heavy sigh.)

I'll miss the babies, but I have a feeling I'll be seeing them in TLC specials from now until graduation. And to be perfectly honest, I have no desire to watch a show entitled Kate Plus Eight... The Teenage Years. I am living those years in my own home, and it is not always a pretty sight. Nope. Not a pretty sight at all!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I found this on Lisa Bearnson's blog, and I liked it. I liked it a lot.

When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator. and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer and I knew that there is a God I could always talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities even when you didn’t feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it’s all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I looked at you and wanted to say, “Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.”

This was an excellent reminder for me that the kids are always watching!

Twinkie Pie

I was looking for the perfect dessert for a tailgating party, and I went straight to Paula Deen for inspiration. See what you think about this one!

You will need the following:

1 and 1/2 box of Twinkies
1 large can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1 large box of vanilla instant pudding, prepared
1 container whipped topping
4 bananas
Chopped pecans, optional
Maraschino cherries, optional

1. Line a 13" x 9" pan with Twinkies. (Don't get too excited. I know that sounds like enough for a really fine dessert, but there is MORE!)

2. Mix sugar and pineapple together in a pan and bring to a boil. Pour over Twinkies. Cool slightly.

3. Spread pudding over pineapple mixture.

4. Slice bananas and place over pudding.

5. Top with whipped topping.

6. Optional - Top with cherries and chopped pecans. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

I plan on refrigerating this overnight, and packing it on the top layer of the cooler in a disposable pan. It doesn't sound like there would be any leftovers to bring home, so why bother with a heavy glass serving dish. Just saying!

Have the best Tuesday ever. (Fun fact for you... Tuesday is my SECOND favorite day of the week. I know! The weekend is just wasted on me!) I'll be back in the morning with a Seasonal Tradition, Wednesday Wisdom and a little bit more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter