Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Make a Goal Together Tradition

Good Wednesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of some of the wonderful food I bought during my "field trip" to Whole Foods yesterday. We had a very eclectic dinner last night!

RANDOMNESS - I finally went to Whole Foods Market yesterday with my friend, Julie. I've made a little list of the many, many things I loved about Whole Foods... and a couple of the things I didn't care for.

I loved...

1. Walking in and seeing beautiful bouquets and orchids... and wood floors.

2. My buggy with FOUR (count 'em, FOUR) working wheels!

3. The produce section. Oh... my... goodness! I could have spent tons of money buying food from ALL OVER THE WORLD. I kept picking up a papaya from Belize, but I finally put it down. I have no idea how to pick out a fresh LOCAL papaya. Much less one from Belize.

4. The seafood section. They had tuna steaks as big as Mikie's head.

5. The olive oil and French bread section. Oh... my... goodness! You can stand in one place and eat soft, chewy French bread and choose over 100 (NO exaggeration) different types of olive oil to pour on top of it.

6. The meat section. The Whole Foods people know how to display raw meat. It was beautiful to behold, I tell you.

7. The barbecue section. Oh... my... goodness! They let you try EIGHT different kinds of barbecue before you make your own sandwich OR take home a container.

8. The exotic meat section. I came SO close to buying a pound of ground bison... just for the heck of it.

9. The chips and spinach dip section.

10. The gelato section. You can try as many different flavors as you like, and no one gets mad! I had peanut butter and jelly gelato, and can I say a finer gelato has never been in my mouth! Oh... my... goodness!

11. The bacon, lettuce and FRIED GREEN TOMATO SANDWICH I had for lunch at the grill in the middle of the store. Go ahead and "slap your Mama." It was that good!

12. The mini-dessert sampler box I bought for my family. (Fruit tarts, cannoli, cinnamon buns, vanilla cupcakes, chocolate ganache. Ahhh.)

13. The homemade soap section. You take a huge chunk o' soap to the "soap guy," and ask him to cut off one ounce, two ounces, one pound, etc. Then you buy the soap by weight. (Fun fact for you... A Whole Foods bar of lavender/mint soap costs $5.49. But it smells divine! I want this for a Christmas gift, Mikie.)

There is so much more, but I don't want to bore you. (And just so you won't call me Pollyanna, there were a few things I didn't care for at all!)

I disliked...

1. The cheese section. Guess what? I don't care for a large variety of cheeses. Everything I tasted was strong or bitter or had an unpleasant aftertaste. The cheese lady asked me, "Describe what you're looking for."

I almost said, "Have you ever tried Philadelphia Cream Cheese? I like that." But I stopped myself. Let's face it. I am NOT a cheese connoisseur.

2. The olive section. There were not a lot of people gathered in this section, let me tell you!

3. The antipasto section. Another empty section!

4. The Zanzibar bath salts. I still cannot get the smell out of my nose. If someone ever asks you to smell the Zanzibar, quickly and decisively say, "NO!"

Mikie and I are going on a Whole Foods Market date in the near future, and we're eating at the grill... and we will NOT be visiting the cheese section of the store!

Wednesday Wisdom - Since we had a diverse dinner last night, I decided to do the same thing with Wednesday Wisdom. Diverse... but funny.

"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves." Abraham Lincoln

"If God wanted us to bend over he'd put diamonds on the floor." Joan Rivers

"Wrinkles are hereditary. Parents get them from their children." Doris Day

Make a Goal Together Tradition

When Josh was about 14 years-old, he told Mike he wanted to go to an Auburn game at EVERY SEC stadium... before he graduated high school. Mike liked the idea... except the "before he graduated high school" part. He talked to Josh about the deadline for reaching this goal, and once Josh changed it to "before I graduate college" Mike was all over it.

For the past several years, Mikie and Josh have gone to a different SEC stadium each fall. And they have had a great time doing so. It's a goal both of them are trying to reach... together.

This year, they are heading to South Carolina. Tickets are being bought. Travel plans are being made. (And Roxie and I are planning a BIG Girls' Weekend since all three of our guys will be out of town. I feel a mani/pedi will be necessary!)

It doesn't have to be football, you know. And it doesn't have to be a parent/child goal. It can be a family goal.

Here are some ideas for you to ponder. (Please add "each year" to the end of each sentence. It will help me typing-wise!)

1. Go to a different fall festival.

2. Visit a different National Park.

3. Camp in a different campground.

4. Pick a different ethnic restaurant to try around the same time.

5. Go fishing in a different lake/river.

6. Cook a different fall "feast" using a favorite Food Network stars' recipes. (Paula Deen, Rachael Ray, Emeril, etc.)

7. Visit a different zoo/aquarium.

8. Take a day hike on a different marked trail.

The list can go on and on and on. Make a goal together... and start today.

Have a wild and wacky Wednesday. That's right. I said WILD! I'll be back tomorrow with Blog Linkage AND a Date.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter