Friday, September 9, 2011

Flea Market Date

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from last night's volleyball game... which we won! YEA, US! I know I'm a little short on Austin/Josh/Mikie photos lately, and I'm going to spend the weekend trying to remedy this situation. (Austin/Josh/Mikie are going to be thrilled! NOT!)

Blog Linkage - Are you ready? I have some good reads today.

1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Today's Guest - Lisa Storm" dated September 2. She has some cute and easy Halloween projects for you to check out.

2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and click on Photography at the top of her page. You will be able to see the remainder of the photos from the Silly Shots Contest. Good stuff.

3. Go to The Nesting Place under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "You Made a Wreath Out of What?" dated September 4. You'll be able to click on any of the pictured wreaths and receive a complete tutorial on how to "make it yourself."

4. Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "The Road Trip Date" dated September 5. If you have an upcoming road trip planned, this site will give you a lot of ideas and printables for road trip games. These are great for a couple OR a family.

Get busy. You have a lot of blog jumping ahead of you!

Flea Market Date

A flea market is different from a yard sale. There's something for everyone and plenty of things you never knew existed.

Plan a date with one of your kids (or your spouse) to spend a couple of hours (or more) walking through aisle after aisle of "treasures."

Here are few local flea markets you might want to check out!

BIRMINGHAM - Open daily. Farmers & Flea Market. Hours - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Located at 344 Finley Ave West. This is an indoor/outdoor market with approximately 50 dealers. You will find lots of produce, used merchandise, some new items and locally made crafts. They also have restrooms and a snack bar.

For more information, call 205-251-8737.

TANNEHILL STATE PARK - Open the third weekend of every month. Tannehill Trade Day. Hours - 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Admission is charged. There is ample parking. There are approximately 450 dealers. This is one of the South's larger and better flea markets with a little bit of everything. This is an all day or entire weekend stop. They have good food and restrooms. Expect to walk... a lot!

For more information, call Helen Riggins at 205-477-5711.

CULLMAN - Open Saturday and Sunday. This flea market is located off of I-65, Exit 308 on Highway 278. Hours - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This is an indoor/outdoor market with approximately 300 dealers. You will find crafts, fine art, jewelry, coins, new and used merchandise, antiques, books, collectibles, etc. There are two food concessions on the property.

For more information, call 256-739-0910.

MOODY - Open Friday and Sunday. Smith Trade Days. This flea market is located on Highway 441 North. There is a wide range of merchandise here... lots of secondhand items, tools, housewares, collectibles, country and farm items. They have a snack bar and restrooms, too.

For more information, call 205-640-6444.

Go with an open mind... and have FUN!

Weekend Happenings

We have a very simple weekend ahead of us. I know saying that out loud automatically makes it a very BUSY weekend, but I feel like living on the edge.

I'm going to do the "list" thing.

Mikie - He'll be eating dinner at home tonight with me and Roxie... and relaxing. Tomorrow is grass cutting day... AND maybe a trip to Chattanooga with his daughter to watch Austin march in the JSU game.

The Enchanting Belinda - I'll be fixing the delicious dinner Mikie, Roxie and I will be eating tonight... and relaxing. Tomorrow I'll be working in the house, and maybe doing a little raking in the yard. (We're a little shorthanded this weekend in the grass cutting department.) I'll be hanging around Saturday evening visiting family and feeding Josh after his very LONG day.

Austin - The Boy will be spending the night at JSU, and waking up to travel to Chattanooga first thing Saturday morning. He cannot wait! He'll march Saturday night, go back to JSU very late and arrive home around lunchtime Sunday. I expect date plans are in the works for him and the lovely Melia, so I know he'll have a good weekend. Melia, football and a big crock pot of something for Sunday lunch. That all equals "happy" as far as The Boy is concerned.

Josh - I'm sad for Josh this weekend. He pulled BOTH weekend shifts at the Chick... PLUS, he is taking the ACT in the morning. This will not be his most fun weekend. No, sir. But I intend on cooking a lot the next two days to make up for it when he comes home. (A little comfort food will hit the spot.)

Roxie - She hasn't let me in on all of her plans, but I'm betting she'll be going to Chattanooga with her Dad. It will be a fun date for the two of them. (And I'm sure the weather will feel quite "footballish.")

Sunday we will be attending a special 9/11 service at our church. I know it is going to be a moving tribute to the men and women who lost their lives that day.

I cannot believe it has been ten years since the attack. My kids have grown up using the words "terrorist," "Bin Laden," "suicide bombers," "Homeland Security," "first responders" and "Al Qaeda." Words at the young ages of 4, 7 and 10 I never knew existed.

As much as I wish it had never happened, I know how important it is we (as Americans) stop and remember.

"May we never forget."

Have a fabulous Friday. I'll be back Monday with another edition of Mindless Monday... and pictures of my guys. (They are going to be thrilled, I tell you!)

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter