Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seven-Layer Bean Dip

Good Wednesday morning!

There's only one new pic in the Gallery this morning... and you're lucky to get that! Tropical Depressions do not inspire me to get the camera out of the camera bag. Also, the lack of electricity makes it impossible for the Faulkner Five to look as fabulous as possible. (Code for NOT PICTURE-WORTHY!) Be happy with what you have... Krispy Kreme doughnuts and a super clean refrigerator!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Because of the power outage, Roxie and I missed the last two episodes of Kate Plus 8. The two episodes which show Kate and babysitter, Ashley, having a huge fight. The two episodes which should have been on four OR nine times today because that is how TLC schedules their programming.

But, NO! There is no future listing for these two episodes ANYWHERE. I'm afraid we missed out on something big... and I don't know if we'll ever get the chance to see it again.

I know. I'm pathetic. (But in case you saw the show, give me a call and let me know how it ended... PLEASE!) We can be pathetic together.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I forgot to mention I made one of my 50 Year-Old Goals. I wanted to make it to my 50th birthday without ever having a speeding ticket... and I did!

I know. That's pretty big for me. And, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I have indeed been pulled over... several times. However, because of my ability to sob every time I see a police car with lights flashing in my rear view mirror, I've been spared the ticket.

You may think that doesn't count, but if you check my paper trail... Well, there isn't one!

I thought about stretching the goal to my 60th birthday, but I think it may be too much pressure. And since I'm getting a sporty two-seater when the Big Gold Van dies, I don't want to be "held back," if you get my drift!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I ran over to www.1000awesomethings.com this morning and picked out a few to share with you. I love this website.

When you continue talking through the yawn and your friend actually understands you.

Flying over mountains.

Watching the Christmas episode of your favorite sitcom in the completely wrong month.

When you finally get rid of the thing that’s been rolling around the trunk of your car forever.

Peeling a hard boiled egg and getting a big chunk of shell all at once. (This is my favorite, I tell you!)

When you find the spot on the dog that makes its leg go crazy.

When it’s sunny and raining at the same time.

Eating a taco without anything falling out.

Ahh. I think I'm related to the "Awesome Things" Guy.

Seven-Layer Bean Dip

In every tailgating site I looked up, the Seven-Layer Bean Dip recipe made an appearance. Thus, I am sharing this "must-eat" tailgating recipe with you TODAY!

You will need the following:

1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chiles
1 cup salsa (any variety)
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 medium tomato, diced
Tortilla chips, if desired

1. In medium bowl, stir together refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread mixture on large platter.

2. In another medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and chiles. Carefully spread over bean mixture.

3. Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.

There are a lot of ingredients, but it makes up for it by having only three directions. Also, I have to leave the olives out of the mix. I am not a lover of the olive... except for the color, that is.

Have a lovely Wednesday. I'll be back in the morning with a Seasonal Tradition and Wednesday Wisdom... and maybe some more pics of my nice, clean freezer.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter