Monday, September 12, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

REVISION! REVISION! REVISION! - Mikie e-mailed the JSU pics to me, but I can't copy them to the right folder. That means I cannot post them on the blog at this time. And Mikie has a meeting or something, so I will be posting the NEW photos later this afternoon. Bear with me!

The Gallery Pics are from the JSU game in Chattanooga this past Saturday. Mikie, Roxie and Monica enjoyed the late evening football weather in the Great State of Tennessee, and although JSU lost the game, they had a very good time. If you ask Austin, he will say he did NOT have a very good time. Winning is kind of everything to The Boy.

Our weekend was disjointed (as I imagined it would be), but the Faulkner Five came together for a Sunday lunch, and that was lovely.

We welcomed guests Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, and although I had the house/kitchen/bathrooms/foyer picked up and ready to go three different times, this morning it looks like I didn't even try.

But that's okay. That is why there are Mondays... to undo the damage done over the weekend.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I am happy to report we have found the ever-elusive homecoming dress for Roxie's upcoming FIRST EVER High School Homecoming! That's right. It is a dark teal dress with ruffles. Beautiful.

I took Roxie and friends to the mall yesterday afternoon and turned them loose. Another mom and I walked around The Galleria browsing, eating our FREE September Godiva chocolate (strawberry cheesecake truffle) and sipping Starbucks (so, so nice) until the chicks called. We then made our way to them and approved the dresses they had chosen. Shopping with 14 and almost 15 year-olds is SO much fun. It is almost no work at all!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I had ordered an old Doris Day/Brian Keith movie from Netflix and it came just in time for Sunday night. Have you ever seen With Six You Get Eggrolls? It's been awhile, but I vaguely remembered the movie, and while my kids grew up in an era of fantastic super hero and fantasy flicks, I do like to expose them to the finer things in life.

Like Doris Day and Brian Keith.

Roxie sat down and finished the last two pages of her homework, and looked up occasionally. When the homework was finished, the Friday spend-the-night company, Saturday night out-of-town football game and Sunday shopping trip took their toll. She could not keep her eyes open. She headed for bed.

Josh watched for five minutes and asked the obvious questions, "Is this an OLD romantic comedy?"

"Yes," I replied, truthfully.

"I don't even like NEW romantic comedies."

"Well, there's a war and several people get shot in the head toward the middle," I lied.

Five more minutes, and he asked if he could be excused. I let him go.

I still had Melia and Austin... and Melia loves old movies. She liked this old movie. Austin was stuck.

I'm going to try one more Doris Day movie in the next week or so. I want to see if Roxie really doesn't like old romantic comedies... or if she was just too exhausted for any movie. (I'm hoping she can appreciate Doris Day... but it may be too late.)

Short post today... as promised. Have a great Monday. I'll be back with another good tailgating recipe for tomorrow's post, volleyball pics and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter