Thursday, September 29, 2011

Free Coffee Date

Good Thursday morning!

The Gallery Pic is of Josh... going to the Chick... to work his last shift. That's right. Josh turned in his Johnny Cash clothes for work boots, leather gloves and layered camo. The Christmas Tree Farm is calling his name, and he'll start working at the farm in a few short days.

He's excited. He loved working there last year.

And if he's excited... I'm excited!

RANDOMNESS #1 - It has taken me a few days to recover from Roxie's 15th Birthday Celebration. However, it's time to get cranked up one more time for Josh's 18th Birthday Celebration. That's right! Eighteen years! How did that happen?

He doesn't have a weekend birthday. He has a middle-of-the-week birthday, so I'll be sharing A Josh Story each day next week to honor his special day.

I've got a few surprises up my sleeve for Josh. I think he is going to enjoy turning 18 years-old... even if his Mother is dreading it!

RANDOMNESS #2 - If you've known me five minutes, you know I don't like to complain. (If you've known me ten minutes, you know that last statement was a lie!)

However, it is September 29, and I have still not received TWO of my FALL MAGAZINES. I am beyond upset about this situation. I have made phone calls. I have sent e-mails. I have even hooked up several of my neighbors to a polygraph to see if they have any knowledge of the whereabouts of my TWO FALL MAGAZINES. Nothing. Nada.

I'm going to give it one more day, and then I'm going to get the CIA, FBI and the Paramedics involved.

I know. It has come to this.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I missed recording The Amazing Race Sunday night. I happened to be flipping through the television guide when I saw the listing. I felt horrible. (The show is never as good as it could be if you miss the very first episode.)

I called my sister. She knew all about it.

How could I have missed the 1.4 million commercials announcing the date The Amazing Race would begin?

RANDOMNESS #4 - Which brings us to RANDOMNESS #4. Last night, I happened to be flipping through the television guide when I saw the listing for Survivor! And I had NOT missed it. We could record it! Hallelujah!

Try to imagine my dismay and disappointment when Mikie and I sat down to watch the FIRST EPISODE of Survivor late last night... and discovered it was EPISODE THREE! That's right. We missed the FIRST TWO EPISODES.

"What is wrong with you?" Mike asked. "Have you not noticed the 1.4 million commercials announcing the date Survivor would begin?"

"I haven't seen anything," I responded. "To be perfectly honest, I thought they had cancelled both shows."

It was a mystery, that's for sure.

And then I started thinking. I don't think I've watched daytime TV in the last two or three weeks... at all. (The first hour of Today doesn't count. I have to watch that show to know what is going on in the world... and to see what Ann Curry is wearing.)

This is an unprecedented event, because I have the television on while I iron, and I usually eat lunch and watch for a few minutes.

And then it hit me. I haven't ironed in two or three weeks... or eaten lunch! (Just kidding! I ALWAYS eat lunch!)

But for whatever reason, it has been peacefully quiet at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) for the last month. And I like it.

Quiet is good.

Missing the first episodes of Survivor and The Amazing Race... not so much.

Blog Linkage - Most of the links come from one website today. I am LOVING The Dating Divas. They have great, doable ideas, and I want you to be sure and read the following:

1. Go to Dating Divas under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Cast Away" dated September 26. This is a simple, fun theme date revolving around the Tom Hanks' movie, Cast Away. The invitation, the decorations, the food... so simple and so fun.

2. Now scroll UP to the post entitled "Box of Goodies" dated September 27. This is an idea for a fun little gift you can give your wife OR your husband OR your child.

3. Scroll UP again to the post entitled "Missed You a 'Hole' Lot" dated September 28. Just leaving your husband (or child) a little treat like this after they have been out of town on business or at an overnight sleepover says "I love you" in a sweet, sweet way.

4. Okay. We're finished with Dating Divas for today. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Today's Guest: Under the Sycamore" dated September 28. This post describes how to make a Cupcake Party Kit for a busy mom of little ones. What a special, fun gift. I'm looking for someone who might need a Cupcake Party Kit as we speak!

Enjoy all the good ideas!

Free Coffee Date

Today, September 29, is National Coffee Day.

I know. That one almost slipped by me!

If you have a little time tonight, take your hubby to Krispy Kreme for a FREE 12 ounce cup of House Blend Coffee.

While you are there, you might as well buy a doughnut, too. Chocolate cream filled. Just saying.

This is a once-a-year opportunity, and today's the day. Slip away and spend a little time with your honey on an inexpensive, sweet date.

Have a great Thursday. It's Nerd Day at the high school. (It's pretty much Nerd Day every day around here!) I'll be back tomorrow with Weekend Happenings, pictures, Randomness... you know the drill.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter