Monday, September 19, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

And a wonderful Monday it is! I don't say that often, but during my walk today it was cool, breezy AND cloudy. PERFECTION!

COMMENTS! COMMENTS! COMMENTS! - I know since I started the new A Simple Life, it has been more difficult to leave comments. The Guestbooker hasn't really helped as much as I thought, so I did a little more research this morning.

If you really, really want to leave a comment, I think the easiest way is to open a Google Account. Below is a step-by-step tutorial (I hope)...

1. Go to www.google.com

2. Click on Google Account.

3. Start a Google Account by filling in the blanks (e-mail and password).

4. When you want to Post a Comment on A Simple Life, click on "Select Profile." Click "Google Account."

5. Type your comment.

6. Post your comment.

I think that will do it! If it does not help, let me know (via e-mail), and I will do what technically-challenged chicks do best. I will worry about it some more.

The Gallery Pics are from this weekend's Volleyball Tournament AND a trip to the Zoo with cousins, Amy and Monica. Monica and Roxie have birthdays which are close together, and they always share a "gift of time" to celebrate. This year they chose the Zoo, and I was thrilled. (To top it off, they also chose Yolo's cupcakes for dessert. I couldn't have planned it better myself.)

RANDOMNESS - I am going to be real with you today. (I don't do that very often. It's a bit of a strain.)

I've been having trouble finding joy in each and every day. In fact, there have been times when it has been downright impossible... for me. I tend to dwell on the sad things... the negatives of life.

The secret is out. I am a bottom-dweller.

However, I really, really want to be that "glass half-full" person everyone loves being around. The chick who finds the positive in every season of life. The woman who doesn't get totally bogged down with life's disappointments.

But I am someone who has to work just a little harder than the "average bear." For example...

The Enchanting Belinda's Natural Response - "I don't want to exercise today... or any day for that matter."

Unnatural "Finding Joy" Response - "What a glorious, breezy day to walk 16 miles! I think I'll celebrate by buying and drinking a giant milkshake as soon as I finish... AND I'll get all of my daily dairy requirements out of the way by 8:45 a.m."

The Enchanting Belinda's Natural Response - "I don't want to do six loads of laundry today... or any day for that matter."

Unnatural "Finding Joy" Response - "I just love the new Gain Laundry Detergent scents. I may never actually make it to Hawaii, but at least I smell like I've been on vacation on The Big Island!"

The Enchanting Belinda's Natural Response - "I don't like what gravity is doing to my body today... or any day for that matter."

Unnatural "Finding Joy" Response - "I am so thankful for all of the bright, flowy, maternity-like tops which are in the store right now. They hide a multitude of flaws. And I love gravity because deep down I know it keeps Earth from hurtling into the Sun on any given day... and that would be bad."

See. It's just a little harder for me.

My friend, Cam, gave me a wonderful canvas for my birthday. "God's mercies are new every morning." I NEED that... every morning. And God willingly gives it to me... every morning. How great is that?

I hope you have a fabulous Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a new recipe AND new mercies. It's going to be a good day, I think.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Tuesday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter