Thursday, September 1, 2011

Food Truck Date AND Railroad Park Free Movie Night Date

Good Thursday morning!

There are two more birthday pics in the Gallery today. And that's all I have to say about that!

CONTEST WINNER! CONTEST WINNER! CONTEST WINNER!

The winner of the $10 YOLO's Gift Certificate is... EVELYN CRENSHAW! Congratulations, Evelyn. I'll be calling you today to schedule an official "hand you the Gift Certificate" time.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

RANDOMNESS - Rick Burgess from The Rick and Bubba Show spoke at our church last night, and he was amazing. Mike and I came away with several things to ponder. Some of the things he said which struck a chord with me are as follows:

1. Dads have to step up and be the spiritual leaders of their home. (And then he gave the MOST simple suggestion for letting the kids see this kind of behavior. "Dads. Stick YOUR head in the bedroom door on Sunday mornings, and tell the kids it is time to get up and get ready for church.") So easy. So doable.

2. We shouldn't be concerned about being "happy." We should be concerned with being "holy."

3. If we have more Bibles in our home than we have scripture verses in our memory, something is very, very wrong.

4. If we are more passionate about football games (or anything else) than with telling others about Jesus, our priorities are out of whack. (I asked myself, "How easy is it to invite people over to watch a game or tailgate? Is it that easy to invite people to church? What subject do I talk about most with other people? Do I talk more about something else than I do about God?" It made me think, I tell you.)

If you ever have a chance to hear Rick speak, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing so!

Blog Linkage - Blog Linkage is all over the place today (subject-wise). But ALL of the posts contain good ideas.

1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to "You Gotta See This." This post is about how to create fun, unique lunches for your kiddos. It looks like so much fun. It is one of those things I "wish" I had known about back in the day!

2. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "School" dated August 29. Read the post and click on any light blue type to get some great organizational ideas for school.

3. Go to BooMama under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled
"DipTacular '11" dated August 31. If you enjoy a good dip (and this girl obviously does), you are going to LOVE this post. Get your pen and paper out because you'll need to jot down several of these recipes.

Enjoy!

Food Truck Date

As promised, I have not one, BUT TWO, dates to share with you this Thursday!

This idea was taken from The Dating Divas website... and tweaked a little bit to fit our little corner of the world.

This date was created by a lady named Makana for her and her husband.

One of the things I have been DYING to accomplish on my To Do List is to eat at a mobile food truck. Don’t know what one is? For real? Well, you can thank me later. And if you have eaten at a food truck, but it has been a few years, you are in for a SURPRISE! Mobile food trucks are taking cities by storm. At least here in Houston. We even had a Mobile Food Truck Festival called “Haute Wheels.” I knew instantly I wanted to use that as my theme for a date. And if you have kiddos, you can bring them along, too.

If you are not sure where a mobile food truck is in your city, you can search it online or simply ask around. I guess you could always just drive around downtown, too.

And there y’all have it. Super easy. And all done for you. Just go find a food truck.

The Enchanting Belinda says... I know of one hot dog food truck on 20th Street (going toward Southside) in Birmingham. It is always on the same corner, and it looks fun. I have been wanting to try it for awhile now.

Since there aren't an overabundance of food trucks in our city (and I don't know if it would be out on a weekend), I would suggest this date for you and a preschooler on a mild fall or spring day on a middle-of-the-week day.

Park and make your food truck lunch purchase. (Be sure and take a few pictures. This particular food truck is pretty colorful.)

After you have purchased your lunch, get in the car and drive to Railroad Park to eat, play, take pictures and have some laid-back fun.

This date would be very inexpensive!

Railroad Park Free Movie Night Date

These movies begin at 7:00 p.m. (and they are FREE)! (They are shown at the amphitheater in the Park.) Situated along 1st Avenue South, between 14th and 18th Streets, the Park is a joint effort between the City of Birmingham and the Railroad Park Foundation.

September 1 - X-Men First Class (PG-13)

September 29 - Remember the Titans (PG)

October 20 - Rocky III (PG)

As you can see, these movies are not for young dates. However, if you have a teen and you MAKE the time, this could be an enjoyable, inexpensive way to spend a few hours together.

Have a tremendous Thursday. I know I will... because it's my favorite day of the week, and all. I'll be back in the morning with Weekend Happenings, NEW pics of something COMPLETELY different and a little Randomness.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter