Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Bev's birthday party last night. Her actual birthday is today, and she is 46 years-old. Wow. I can't even remember 46. That seems like a very long time ago. We did something a little different last night. We all went to Cracker Barrel and celebrated. We then sat in the rockers outside the restaurant for about an hour like we owned the place. It was a very relaxing, cool (for Alabama) evening.

RANDOMNESS #1 - There are several REMINDERS at the bottom. I didn't want to clutter the beginning of the post, so read them if you must.

RANDOMNESS #2 - We watched Expedition Impossible last night. The Faulkner Five as a whole didn't commit to a whole season, but did decide to watch it one more time. It was pretty good, but the "expedition" part of the show is so grueling I was pretty tired by the time it was over... and I never want to go to Morocco... ever.

Also, I really miss Jeff Probst. The host of this show is handsome enough, but he lacks the sarcastic, eye-rolling qualities of Jeff Probst. I find Jeff Probst very endearing. This new guy... not so much.

Can you tell I take my Reality Television VERY seriously?

RANDOMNESS #3 - Roxie's basketball camp is really three days of 40-minute games. They don't do drills or practice plays. They play lots and lots of games with teams from all over the state. It's really helping them mesh as a team, and they are getting better and better.

However, Roxie is VERY tired. We had to be at the camp at 7:30 this morning, which meant we had to leave the house at 6:50 to pick up Kelci. I talked to Roxie on the way to the camp. "I'm staying for the first game, and then I have to head home. Miss Julie will be here for the 2:00 game, and she will bring you home after you play at 4:00."

And because I'm the kind of mother who annoyingly repeats things four or five times, I know I said it again and again and again.

I sat and watched the 8:00 a.m. game. We won. Roxie and teammates did GREAT! She looked at me. I waved and blew her a kiss. We had a plan. She knew about the plan. The plan was good.

Five minutes from home, I received a call from an irate 14 year-old. "Where are you?"

"Roxie. I told you I was going home after the first game. I waved good-bye. Is something wrong? Do you need something?"

"No. But it would have been nice to know you were leaving."

"Roxie. I told you FIVE times I was leaving."

"Well, I'll see you at the 10:00 a.m. game."

"No, Babe. I'm not going to be there the rest of the day. Miss Julie is coming at 2:00."

"Well, I'll be through a little before 5:00, so you can pick me up then."

"Miss Julie is going to bring you home."

"Gee, Mom. You could have told me some of this, you know."

Arghhh! I would say, "I give up," but we all know I have several more years of annoyingly repeating myself to teenagers... who don't listen... EVER.

It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it!

Weekend Happenings

Well, we all know what Roxie will be doing. Basketball, basketball, basketball! The camp ends tomorrow, and I'll be staying for both of those games. I told Roxie that, but I'm sure she'll be surprised when she sees me sitting in the stands.

This weekend has a couple of different and exciting events. Tonight, I am helping serve at a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for my friend's son. I am very excited. I love everything about a wedding. I would take a bunch of pictures, but I think they've hired a professional photographer... instead of me... if you can imagine.

Tomorrow the Faulkner Five will attend the actual wedding. This is the second wedding I've attended in three months. I'm telling you, it's about to start getting crazy around here... and I cannot wait!

Mikie, Austin and Josh are going to work today and tomorrow. Mikie's deadline is almost here, so his weekends are going to be free very, very soon. I am counting the days.

Josh is heading to King's Island in Kentucky and the Creation Museum in Ohio with the Youth Group from our church this Sunday afternoon. He is so looking forward to this trip/camp, and I'm happy for him. I've never been to Kentucky OR Ohio, so I cannot give him any advice, pointers, etc. Not that he would hear me anyway!

I am sending a camera with him, and I've told him I want a total of TEN GOOD PICTURES. TEN! I don't think that is too much to ask, but I'm pretty sure Josh thinks it is WAY too much to ask. If he's a good son, I'll be able to post TEN pictures from his trip Wednesday morning. If he's a bad son... Well, you'll find out Wednesday.

As you can see, it will be a full weekend, but it should be fun.

Have an easy, breezy weekend. Enjoy family and friends... and maybe some "me" time. That's always special, too.

I'll be back Monday morning with new pics in the Gallery and maybe some stories to tell. Who knows!

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

REMINDER #1 - Things have changed on A Simple Life... and are still changing as I type this post. I am sorry for this. I am a person who does not particularly like change. I feel change is bad in many situations... my blog being one of them.

1. Last Monday, Blogger (my server) would not let me post on the original A Simple Life. I could not get a new password. I could not get any answers as to when this would change, if ever. I could not POST! My old address was www.belindafaulkner.blogspot.com.

2. After working on the problem ALL day Tuesday, I set up A Simple Life at a different address (www.belinda-asimplelife.blogspot.com) and continued posting on schedule.

3. Almost 700 posts are still located at my old address (www.belindafaulkner.blogspot.com), and if you need to look up party ideas, recipes, etc. you can go there and find everything you need.

4. However, from now on, you must come to the www.belinda-asimplelife.blogspot.com address to see the new posts.

5. I know I have lost some friends and readers in this transition, but I had no control over the situation. NO CONTROL AT ALL!

6. I have found someone who is computer-savvy and is going to help me move the old posts (almost 700) to the new address. Everything will be together once again. I hope to have this done by July 1. (Do not hold your breath.)

7. It has also been brought to my attention it is difficult to leave a comment. I am working on this problem, also. Until the time I have figured out how to leave a comment, feel free to e-mail me or Facebook me, and I will respond. You can reach me at mfaulkner1306@charter.net.

REMINDER #2 - I'll be posting a picture a day on Belinda's Project Life tonight, Saturday AND Sunday. Visit if you get a chance. (www.belindasprojectlife.blogspot.com)

REMINDER #3 - The Butt Naked Candle Contest begins JULY 1. A winner will be announced Wednesday, JULY 6. I'll have all the details beginning Monday of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter