Thursday, June 30, 2011

Railroad Park Date

Good Thursday morning!

And a lovely morning it is! I have some "nature" shots to share in the Gallery. I'm planning on getting a pick of Austin AND Josh in their Chick uniforms this evening. They are both working at the same time today which is SO unusual. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Okay. It's almost time. Beginning TOMORROW, JULY 1, you may enter the Butt Naked Candle Contest. Just put your name and the word "candle" in the Comment Section, on my Facebook page OR e-mail me (mfaulkner1306@charter.net).

Your name will immediately be put into the "Drawing Bowl." You have until MIDNIGHT, JULY 5 to enter. I will pick a name out of the bowl first thing Wednesday morning (July 6). Get busy. You don't want to miss out on this fun, FREE gift!

Oh. And here is Dawn's testimonial. She was the winner of the first Butt Naked Candle Contest.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE my Butt Naked candle. The entire house smells wonderful. Thank you!!!"

And for your information, I did NOT add the "all cap" LOVEs or the three exclamation marks.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I may or may not have mentioned I went for my check-up yesterday. (Just so you know... I mentioned it four times yesterday. I'm just messing with you.)

I have mixed feelings when I go to the doctor for an annual check-up now. I feel pretty old with all the expectant mothers walking around. But I am so thrilled I had my babies when I did. I do not think I could have worn the maternity clothes women are wearing today.

There were two young things in the office wearing layered Spandex tank tops and leggings. They looked like they were about to pop! The other maternity outfits I saw were fitted as well, but not quite to that extent.

When I was expecting, the acceptable garb... maternity jeans AND flowy "don't-touch-any-part-of-the-body" shirts. The bigger and longer, the better. It never occurred to me to wear my "regular" clothes until the buttons popped off. NEVER!

But these expectant moms are a different breed, and I admire them. They are so proud of their baby bump, and once you get used to seeing the baby (and actually watching it move) under the two layers of Spandex, you get kind of used to it.

I miss that time in my life. (I know. You're shocked, aren't you?) I miss stepping on a scale and NOT being mortified I gained 3 pounds in three weeks. (I really miss that!)

But I was blessed to be in those shoes three different times, and I remember it well.

(Now I step on the scale, and the nurse says, "Gee, Ms. Faulkner! You've gained two pounds this year. You need to watch that.")

This year, I came back with, "For your information, I'm a weight lifter now and that is all muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat... or didn't you know that?"

And then she gently jiggled my arm fat (which is NOT muscle). Point made.

I decided to only order a small Caramel Frappe' when I left the doctor's office instead of the large I had planned on earlier in the day... before scales.

And I've decided to buy two Spandex tank tops and some leggings... and actually wear them in public. I want to see how many people tell me "Congratulations," and "You are just glowing."

Don't expect photos!

Blog Linkage - I have EXCELLENT Blog Linkage for you today. Enjoy! Enjoy!

1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "You Gotta See This" dated June 24. They have given some really cute 4th of July decorating ideas. I'm really looking forward to Monday. I know of four things I'm going to try from this website alone.

2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List. Click on Photography at the top of her page and enjoy the Funny Face Photo Contest entries. They are so, so good... especially the baby pics. I love them.

3. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and scroll to the post entitled "For a Summer Monday" dated June 27. She has tons of decorating sites, and it is fun to just click on the link and soak in the prettiness. I loved this post.

Railroad Park Date

A new park has opened in Birmingham, and now is the time to take a picnic lunch or snack and enjoy a little one-on-one time with one of your kiddos.

"Railroad Park is a 19-acre green space in downtown Birmingham that celebrates the industrial and artistic heritage of our great city. Situated along 1st Avenue South, between 14th and 18th Streets, the Park is a joint effort between the City of Birmingham and the Railroad Park Foundation. Hailed as "Birmingham's Living Room," Railroad Park provides a historically rich venue for local recreation, family activities, concerts and cultural events, while connecting Birmingham's downtown area with Southside and UAB's campus."

And it's pretty, too. If you wanted to do a combination of things in the general area, you could plan a picnic at Railroad Park, let your child skateboard at the "very urban" concrete skate park across the street and finish the date off at The Peanut Depot with the tour and a bag of fresh peanuts. (I mentioned this date a few weeks ago.) Good date!

NOTE - The "very urban" concrete skate park is only for kids who know what they are doing. Helmets, knee and elbow pads, etc., etc. I wouldn't let this be my child's FIRST skateboard park experience.

Have a tremendous Thursday. I pray you and yours have a safe, relaxing summer day. I'll finish up the week with Weekend Happenings. There's a lot going on this holiday weekend!

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter