Thursday, June 16, 2011

Car Washing Date

Good Thursday morning!

I'm going to keep the following two or three paragraphs here for a few days. If you have read it before, skip down to the new stuff, please.

Welcome to the NEW "A Simple Life." Hopefully, I will be able to transfer all of the OLD "A Simple Life" to this blog in a day or so making it easier to access old posts, etc. (For now, you can still access old posts at www.belindafaulkner.blogspot.com.)

I have a new website address, too. You can find A Simple Life at www.belinda-asimplelife.blogspot.com.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but as I've stated before, it's a little miracle I'm able to figure out how to blog at all... much less keep it up for almost three years. (If you've known me two minutes, you know I am a severely computer/tech-challenged chick. SEVERELY!

The Gallery Pic is of a new place Mikie and I visited recently. Well, it was new to us. The review is below the photo.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Except for the fact I have to move My Blog List and two and a half years' worth of posts to my new location (www.belinda-asimplelife.blogspot.com), I think the transition went pretty smoothly.

Well, I guess it did. I'm pretty sure I lost more than half of the readers I once had, but I tried to leave a website trail of where to find me in the Comment Section of my old location, Facebook and on Belinda's Project Life. As soon as I set up a new Sitemeter, I'll be able to see the damage. (A Sitemeter lets you know how many visits you receive daily, weekly and monthly to see if your blog is growing at a healthy pace. No, I am not kidding. Being a "number" nut, it is one of my favorite parts of blogging.)

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm still having the Butt Naked Candle Contest in July to celebrate my 700th post. I will be leaving more details with you as the time draws nigh. I would like to mention all out-of-towners are welcome to enter the Contest, because I will be more than happy to ship your candle to you anywhere in the United States and/or Canada. Take note!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Josh has been sick since Monday night of this week with food poisoning (not because of me) or a stomach bug. The only reason we think it might be food poisoning is because he and another guy ate the same thing (not here), got sick at the exact same time (not here) and each had to go home.

I'm not the best cook in the world, but so far I haven't HAD food poisoning or given anyone food poisoning... that I know of... or that I will admit.

I'm hoping today is a much better day for Josh. This has not been a good way to spend summer vacation.

Blog Linkage - Since My Blog List isn't set up yet, you will not be able to "click on" the name of the blog on my sidebar until next week. Today, you will have to type in the entire website address to visit the links. Thankfully, there are only two.

1. Go to www.coalcreekfarm.com. Read the post entitled "The Long Overdue Birthday Saga - Part I" dated June 15. It is a pretty lengthy post (without pics), but highly entertaining. It is also a cliffhanger so you can be watching for Part II sometime soon.

2. Go to www.eighteen25.blogspot.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Pen Pal Kit" dated June 13. I always wanted to have a pen pal when I was a kid. I have loved getting "snail mail" since I was a little girl. If you can find someone to do this with your child, I think it would be such a fun summer activity.

Car Washing Date

I promised a cool, refreshing date this week. If you have a child around nine or ten years of age, plan a Saturday morning car wash. Ask a couple of family members or neighbors ahead of time if they will let you wash their car. (Family members could pay $5, and I feel like the neighbors would probably offer... especially with an adult helping with the wash.)

Gather your car washing supplies, turn on a boom box and enjoy your time working, getting wet, listening to tunes and spending one-on-one time... together.

After you finish the two or three cars (make sure you wash your car, too), have your child pick a place for lunch (or dinner). Get cleaned up and use your earnings to pay for the meal and dessert.

Not only will you be able to teach your kiddo the proper way to wash a car, earn his/her keep and the satisfaction of receiving pay for a job well done, but it will be time well spent and simple fun had by all.

And you don't have to get hot!

Have a terrific Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with a Top Ten List of Father's Day ideas (old and new) and Weekend Happenings.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanted Belinda

1 comment:

Site Meter