Monday, June 27, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Roxie's last day at the Birmingham Southern Basketball Camp. She had a good time, but she is very ready for a few days off before volleyball gets cranked up. Lots and lots of swimming and hanging out are in the plans for these precious free days.

I didn't take any pics at the Wedding Rehearsal Dinner (I served drinks), or the Wedding itself... although they were both picture-worthy events. I don't feel comfortable taking my camera to other families' special events. I wish I did. Maybe when I'm 80 or 90, and I don't care what people think of me any longer. Maybe I'll be bold enough to walk in with my VERY OLD ANTIQUE CAMERA and just click away.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

RANDOMNESS - As mentioned above, I went to a wedding. My friend's son married his high school sweetheart in a most beautiful ceremony Saturday evening. I loved so many things about this wedding, I decided to just mention them in list form.

1. I LOVED how the bride incorporated all the songs she loved in the ceremony. Everything from traditional to spiritual to Michael Buble' (my personal favorite) to a song from the Disney movie "Up" was smoothly integrated into the ceremony... and it made it so personal and wonderful.

2. I loved the bridesmaids' dresses. They were all the same color and length, but different styles to fit different body types and personalities. GENIUS!

3. I loved the Unity Cross. I've never seen anything like it before, and the message that Christ was the center of their wedding AND their marriage was such a sweet testimony of their faith.

4. I loved that her Dad performed the ceremony.

5. I loved that her brother and his sister sang a duet together of the MOST beautiful song.

6. I loved that the flower girl did her job so well.

7. I loved that the tiny ring bearer took a big ol' breath and walked bravely down the aisle to his "spot."

8. I loved the chocolate fountain. (I REALLY, REALLY loved the chocolate fountain.)

9. I loved the groom's LEGO cake... and the LEGO bride and groom in front of the cake.

10. I loved the bride and groom's first dance.

11. I LOVED the dip and the kiss at the end of the first dance. Very, very smooth.

12. I loved the father/daughter dance.

13. I loved how the groom cut in during the middle of the father/daughter dance.

14. I loved the chocolate dipped pretzels everyone received as a wedding favor. (Excellent, excellent choice!)

15. I loved the antique car which the bride and groom used for their getaway.

16. I loved how beautiful my friend looked in her mother-of-the-bride dress. (She rocked it.)

Now, to be fair and unbiased, I will list the things I didn't like about the wedding.

1. Hmmm... Can't seem to think of any. Nuff said.

Have a fantastic Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a yummy recipe and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter