Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Egg Cream

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Roxie's basketball Play Day in Pell City. She, Kelci and some other Junior Varsity friends had a really good day, and we made the most of our time there.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I didn't take pictures of Mikie's Father's Day gift. In the past, I have been known to take my camera into the movie theater and take a "flash-free" photo of the movie title as it begins. I have NEVER noticed the sign at the beginning of the movie which reads, "No Cameras or Videos." Never! Thus, it must be totally new.

Since it was a Sunday (and I try very hard not to sin on a Sunday), I put my camera down and tried to remember if there was a photo-op poster for Green Lantern in the lobby. I kept telling myself I had seen one, but I lied. There was nothing... nada.

Sadly, there is no picture of Mikie and the kids sitting in a dark theater watching Green Lantern. All we have is our memory of a very good time had by all, and a pretty decent superhero movie.

Ryan Reynolds makes a very cute Green Lantern. It really bothers Austin when I call the Green Lantern "cute." I really like bothering Austin.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Only a few more days until we begin the second Butt Naked Candle Contest on A Simple Life. I know the anticipation is killing you! It's going to be epic!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Josh is finally well. FINALLY! Whatever it was (stomach bug, food poisoning, etc.) has finally "left the building," and he is feeling fine! He left for work this morning. Cha-ching!

RANDOMNESS #4 - Roxie started volleyball Boot Camp this morning. She has to go twice a week for a few weeks. I'm worried about her. I have never tried Boot Camp... for several reasons.

1. I don't like the name Boot Camp and all it implies. I am not a Marine and I have no desire to become Marine-like at this stage of my life.

2. I don't run. Notice I didn't say, "I can't run." I said, "I don't run." It is a "choice." I believe this choice has served me well.

3. I can do a normal number of women's push-ups. I cannot do an abnormal number of women's push-ups. (An abnormal number would be anything greater than 8.)

4. Boot Camp makes me think of someone in very good shape yelling at me until the veins pop out of his/her neck. (Think Sergeant Carter and Gomer Pyle.) I make it a point not to even talk socially with hard bodies, much less put myself in a position where they can yell at me in front of others. (NOTE - The instructor probably never yells. It's just what I envision.)

5. I have become quite happy with my Walking/Body Pump body. It suits me.

I hope Roxie is okay.

Egg Cream

Thanks to my new Family Fun Magazine, I have several new food ideas for the 4th of July Celebration I host at my home. This one isn't necessarily a 4th of July drink, but it sounds like a cool and refreshing drink for these hot Summer days.

You will need the following (per egg cream):

1/3 cup cold milk
3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
Cold seltzer

1. Stir together milk and chocolate syrup in a tall glass.

2. Hold a spoon so that the bowl touches the bottom of the glass, then quickly pour cold seltzer against it to create foam.

3. Stop pouring as the foam approaches the top of the glass. Serve immediately.

I don't know how this drink got the name "Egg Cream" because there are no eggs or cream anywhere. It has fewer calories than a milkshake, but is "similarly sweet, cool and refreshing." Sounds easy AND delicious... my two favorite ingredients!

Have a super Tuesday. Believe it or not, it is officially the first day of SUMMER. Today will be the longest day of the year. If I make it through this long, hot day, I can rest happy knowing every day from now until some time in December will become shorter and shorter and shorter. We're working our way toward Fall!

I'll be back Wednesday with a Seasonal Tradition, Wednesday Wisdom, Randomness and a couple more pics for the Gallery.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter