Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up, Oreo Rice Krispie Treats, Blog Linkage

Good Tuesday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Team Tootsie completed the Fun Run at the MotherWalk Saturday morning...

And here are the pics to prove it!


Boas and tulle and teal... Oh, my!

This Chick wasn't with us, but she was definitely supporting everyone at the Walk.


Josh looked like he was in quite a bit of pain, but he finished 3rd out of our little group who ran in the 5K.

And just for the record, we had eight from our team who participated in the 5K AND the Fun Run.

And just for the record again, I am not included in that number!


Hunter and Roxie finished 1st and 2nd (respectively) running in the 5K out of our group.


Sweet Taylor joined us on the Walk this year, too.


I don't know who this bundle of preciousness was, but she was so sweet!



Now those are "runner's legs."


Grandmother and her friend, Katherine.


Mom's friend, Marie. And Marie brought along Melinda, Tyce and Asher (her daughter and two grandsons). Asher is pictured in the Team Tootsie pic. He is five months old and he "strolled" the MotherWalk with a little help from his big brother.


Everyone crossed the Fun Run Finish Line together!


Grandmother and Austin (with Roxie photobombing for your viewing pleasure).


ME!


Just Zac.


Grandmother, Tommy, Roxie, Bev, Josh and Taylor.

"Why aren't Beverly and Tommy wearing MotherWalk shirts?" you ask.

Well, interesting little story here...

Last Monday night, Bev and I were subbing in Grandmother's Bunco group. Everything was peachy keen until the last lady left for the evening, and I walked inside to find Bev leaning over a chair in the living room.

"This isn't good," she said.

Bev had a kidney stone seven years ago.

Her first and only.

It was very, very bad.

Bad enough to remember and know she had another kidney stone last Monday night.

Tommy picked her up and took her to the ER. They confirmed her diagnosis, gave her pain meds and sent her home to pass the stone within two days.

On Thursday, she still had not passed the stone, so she set up an appointment for the doctors to BLAST the stone.

Friday afternoon, the stone was pronounced too large to pass and the BLASTING took place.

Bev came home about 11:00 p.m. Friday night...

And she didn't feel like coming to the MotherWalk at 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

Thankfully, she was able to come for the lunch part at Cracker Barrel, and today, Tuesday, May 13, she is back to her old non-kidney stone self.

Our first prayer request is that Bev NEVER have a kidney stone again.

Our second prayer request is that if Bev DOES have another kidney stone, it will be another seven years before it shows up.


Team Tootsie!

We'll be even bigger next year.


And last, but not least, Grandmother's teal toes!

RANDOMNESS #2 - As is our tradition now, we celebrate Mother's Day with Grandmother at the MotherWalk and lunch afterward.

We celebrate Mrs. Faulkner on Sunday, Mother's Day.

Everyone was able to be there, and my day was made because I got to see Matthew, Lauren AND Mackenzie.


Matthew.


Lauren.


Lauren discussing something VERY important with Cousin Roxie.


Lauren, Brandi, Becky, Grandma and Matthew.


Mackenzie and Amber.

Fun fact for you... Mackenzie will be one year-old next week.

This year has flown.


Grandma, Mackenzie and Grandpa.

Although I received my Mother's Day corsage and gifts, we're doing the out-to-eat thing for my Mother's Day this coming weekend.

I'll have pictures and words for that particular event next Tuesday.

I bet I know what you're thinking.

"Is everything an 'event' to you, Enchanting Belinda?"

"Yes. Yes, it is. Well, unless it is a 'celebration,' 'life experience' or an 'adventure.' Those three things are totally different."

A little special wording can make the ordinary much more appealing, don't you think?

RANDOMNESS #3 - Roxie finally allowed me to start an Instagram account!

Since we all know I don't know how to start an Instagram account, she pretty much did all the work herself.

For better or worse, I am now on another Social Media site.

In other news, I also posted my very first selfie.

My first impression would have to be, "I don't particularly like The Selfie, and I may never post another one as long as I live."

I may change my mind, but I kinda doubt it.

Don't worry. I have no desire to try Twitter, but as I've learned in the past, NEVER SAY NEVER!

Blog Linkage - Click on eighteen25 under My Blog List and read today's post entitled, "10 Fun Graduation Ideas."

That "event," "life experience" and/or "adventure" is fast approaching, and there are some cute, doable things to try for the graduate in your life.

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

I made these for dessert for our Mother's Day lunch at Grandma's this past Sunday, and they were delicious.

Of course, I'm just a little bias when it comes to the Oreo cookie.

I have never in 52 years on this Earth put anything better in my mouth.

Please take into consideration I have never tried a fried Oreo...

But it is on my Bucket List.

Again, I bet I know what you are thinking.

"Eating a fried Oreo is on your bucket list?"

"Yes. Yes, it is. I even made a new category for it. 'Life-CHANGING Experience.'"

But I digress.

You will need the following items for this really simple, yet yummy dessert:

5 tablespoons butter
2 packages (10.5 ounces) marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3 cups crushed Oreos

1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add 1 bag of marshmallows, PLUS 1 cup from the second package of marshmallows. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Add Oreos. Stir until well coated.

4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13" x 9" pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.

I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday. I'll be back Friday with Weekend Happenings, pics and words to go with Tommy's 51st Birthday Celebration and a list of some different things which will be going on this Summer in our little family. I have half-jokingly named the Summer of 2014 the Summer of Chaos... And I'll tell you why the end of the week!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter