Friday, May 30, 2014

Weekend Happenings, Pinterest Stuff (Fun for Kids This Summer... $10 or Less) , Blog Linkage, Quotable Quotes

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Roxie leaves for Guatemala in less than a week. All of her clothes are ready. I have a list of the "other stuff" she needs which will be purchased this weekend... and then The Chick will be ready to fly, fly away.

She is so excited...

And nervous...

And a little scared...

And excited again.

Our church is praying for the Guatemala Mission Trip and all the people going Sunday morning. It hardly seems real that Roxie is old enough to get on a plane, fly to another country and do God's work for a week without her Mom.

Especially when you consider she looks like this...


Well, that's how I continue to see her.

Pink coat... big gun... very well-balanced Chick!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm excited. My One-a-Day-Instagram-Pic Project begins this Sunday, June 1, 2014. It's going to be epic.

I posted a picture Wednesday, and I immediately left a comment under the pic telling Roxie to like it.

I also remembered Roxie was eating with five friends, so I left another comment and instructed her to tell all of her friends to like it, too.

I obviously did it wrong, because when The Chick arrived home, she made a beeline straight for me.

"Mom. It's fine for you to be on Instagram, but you don't send messages to people in the Comment Section. You text if you want to send messages. You use the Comment Section to leave comments about the pictures OR to thank someone for leaving a comment about the picture."

"I know, but I knew you would check your Instagram and I was right there, so it seemed silly to pick up another device and text. I don't really care for The Texting," I replied.

"That's not the point. There is a very specfic way to 'do' social media, and you can't be going around breaking all the rules."

"Why? Will the Social Media Po-Po come knocking at my door?" I cheerfully asked.

And then The Chick walked away shaking her head.

I'm beginning to think raising a 52 year-old Mom may be too much for her!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Hunter graduated last night. Roxie did a very good job with his Graduation Gift, and I wanted to share a little part of it with you today.

She had four bags. A "G" bag, "R" bag, "A" bag and "D" bag. (It spells "GRAD.")

She got a pizza box from Domino's and placed 20 $1 bills in a circle inside. AND she added 14 pennies as "sausage." That gift represented 2014! And it was put in the "D" bag because "DOUGH."

Pretty good, huh?




RANDOMNESS #4 - A little "June 2013" to finish off our "May 2014."


We discovered Dreamcakes last June. It was a very good month.


Melia and Austin.


Melia and one of the pups we helped take care of last Summer.


Laughing Lauren.


We celebrated an anniversary with Becky and Guy.



We made our first (but not last) Slip and Slide, and Roxie tried it out before we did the 4th of July "thang."


We welcomed a new addition to our family (Mackenzie). (She was born May 21, but we didn't get to see her and hold her until June.)

Quotable Quotes

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." C. S. Lewis

Blog Linkage

1. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read yesterday's guest post from Chrissy Kelly entitled, "The End of the World, The Beginning of a New One." It is about autism.

2. Go to www.missionalmotherhood.com and read today's post from Lindsey Wingo entitled, "The Toddler Tantrum."

Both very good posts.

Pinterest Stuff

Fun for Kids This Summer... $10 or Less

1. Stained Glass. Use a large piece of wax paper and have colored sharpies on the table. Color EVERY spot of the wax paper (color designs, abstract, pictures, etc.).

When the paper is dry, hang it in a window as stained glass. Beautiful.

2. Tin Foil River. Use a very, very long roll of tin foil to make a big river in the backyard. Be sure to fold up the sides of the foil so it will hold plenty of running water. Let the kids use the hose and enjoy the fun.

3. Sew. Using the base of an old coffee table, get a large piece of burlap and staple it to the bottom of the base of the table. Be sure to staple securely all the way around the edge. Have a basket of scraps of colorful yarn and some large plastic needles on hand.

Commence sewing.

Weekend Happenings

1. Mikie is still working on The Budget, so much of his weekend will be spent at the office. But don't worry about me. No, siree. I'm just fine, and I've made other plans. Saturday I'm visiting family and later I will be making a really good dinner for anyone who might want to partake.

Or I might just order pizza.

2. Sunday, I'll join our church in praying for the Guatemala Mission Team. After church, we're celebrating my Mother's Day with a lovely lunch at Dixie Fish Company. I am going to bask in the love and admiration of my husband and children for a couple of hours, and then I might do something crazy... like take a nap.

3. Austin and Roxie will be working at odd times throughout the weekend.

4. Josh has a Sunday School Cook-Out and some yardwork on his list.

5. And did I mention my Instagram project? Did I? That will begin SUNDAY!

Have a magnificent weekend. Spend precious time with family and friends. Encourage one another. Be careful what you put into your mind, your body and your day. Make wise choices... and I'll try very hard to do the same.

I'll be back Tuesday with pics, info and hopefully, a good report about what I spent precious time doing Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Instagraming Belinda

P.S. A little more of Mackenzie and Lauren!


The only thing cuter than the front of a birthday tutu...


Is the back of a birthday tutu!


Miss Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter