Friday, May 16, 2014

Weekend Happenings, Quotable Quotes, Pinterest Stuff (Graduation Ideas)

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Tommy turned 51 on the 8th, but we just celebrated the momentous occasion this past Tuesday night. (A giant kidney stone kind of messed up our regularly-scheduled plans.)


Katie and Roxie at the Seafood and Chicken Box Restaurant in Trussville. It was Uncle Tommy's birthday so he got to pick.


Roxie and Mikie.

Obviously love hurts...

A lot.


That's better.


Zac and Josh having the time of their lives.


Brad and Stephanie...

Not the best pic of Brad.


Much, much better.


Melia and Austin.


We love us some Uncle Tommy!


We've taken better family pictures, but we have learned to take what we can get.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Mike and I are starting a little renovation project this Summer.

And when I say "starting a little renovation project," I mean we are hiring someone to come into our home and tear apart and rebuild some particularly older areas of our older home.

And when I say "particularly older areas of our older home," I mean all of the bathrooms... the kitchen... the popcorn ceilings... etc.

I may or may not have had a small (but complete) total mental meltdown yesterday when everyone came in to measure and discuss and brainstorm.

I know the next few weeks are going to be chaotic, messy and loud.

I know this because I watch Property Brothers and Flip That House and Love It or List It on a regular basis.

No matter how bad it is though, on those three shows, at the end of 60 minutes everything is always okay.

Except in my world, it will be more like 21 to 60 days.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around it!

On the positive side, it will be fantastic when it is over AND I get to take "BEFORE" and "AFTER" pics for the blog as we go.

I bet you didn't expect TWO positives from me, did you?

RANDOMNESS #3 - The Chick leaves for Guatemala three weeks from yesterday.

She is so excited, and I don't know how to tell her I've changed my mind and she is no longer allowed to go.

She is grounded from Guatemala.

I don't think she's going to take the news very well, but deep down I think we all knew I would never let her leave the country at such a young and impressionable age, didn't we?

And in answer to your question, "Yes. I need more prayer, please."

RANDOMNESS #4 - So, in addition to renovating our home and getting ready for Austin and Melia's wedding (which in my case is just finding the perfect Mother of the Groom Dress AND planning a really fantastic Rehearsal Dinner), I am also working on not one, but TWO, special "picture projects."

One is due by the end of July.

One is due by the end of August.

Both of these deadlines have been set by me, so it isn't like I can't be a little lenient if I run behind or something.

I'm secretly hoping these projects will help me keep my sanity during the renovation process because I'm actually looking forward to making the ideas in my head actually happen.

Wish me luck!

Quotable Quotes

"You used to be much more... 'Muchier.' You've lost your muchness." Alice in Wonderland

I don't know why. This just fit my mood this morning!

Pinterest Stuff

Graduation Ideas

1. Have all the guests at your Graduation Party bring a memory picture of two. Have the guests pin the pics on a bulletin board to hang in your dorm room.

2. Give the graduate a sweet gift full of candy bars! Attach the following note to the gift:

You "rock"! After completing "mounds" of homework and "piecing" together all of your knowledge, you've finally hit "payday." GRADUATION! As you head off to college, don't listen to any "snickers." You are no "dum dum." You are one "hot tamale" on your "way" to making "100 grand." Congratulations on your graduation, "Smartie."

Be sure to add a Gift Card or two to this fun gift!

3. Give rolled up dollar bills in a Light Bulb Money Holder. Brighten your grad's day with this unexpected presentation. Roll up the dollar bills and then fold them in half (to prevent them from unrolling inside of the jar). Place them in this light bulb jar from Hobby Lobby and tighten the screw cap lid. Attach a ribbon with a cute phrase like "Here's to your bright future." (Tip - If the dollar bills are stuffed tight inside the jar, suggest he/she use tweezers to remove them later on.)

Weekend Happenings

1. Austin is calling a girls' softball tournament today in Montgomery. As you can imagine, he was pretty pumped at 6:30 this morning when he headed out the door.

2. Josh is going to see Godzilla tonight with a couple of friends. I didn't know Godzilla was a big deal, but apparently I live under a rock.

3. Roxie is going to be doing life-guard-type things at the pool tomorrow morning, so her Summer job has officially begun.

4. Melia is graduating from college Saturday, so we will all be in attendance. Later that evening, we will be partaking of a delicious Southern-style dinner in town. (I'll tell you all about it Tuesday!)

5. Sunday is "Church Day," and maybe, just maybe, "Nap Day."

It's going to be a pretty busy weekend. Busy, but fun.

Have the best May weekend ever. I'll be back Tuesday with Graduation pics and words and a few more "this and that" kind of info.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I remembered I still had to write a little something about what Josh inherited from my gene pool. That's what happens when you go out of birth order... You leave someone out, and have a nagging feeling you've forgotten something or someone for a few days before you finally remember at 2:00 a.m. one morning.

I'm out of time today, but I'll get right on it Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter