Monday, July 29, 2013

Mindless Monday, Lake Vacation - Day Six

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Roxie left me last night. That's right. She left... for six nights... and six (almost seven) days... to go to the beach with a friend.

I am beyond devastated.

Six (almost seven) days is just too, too long for a 51 year-old Mom to be separated from her 16 year-old Chick.

Plus, she's missing Junior Registration tomorrow, and it was going to be the first time since I've been a Mom (22 years) I did NOT have to go to registration and stand in the non-air-conditioned high school in long lines for hours and hours.

And now I have to stand with her poor friends in the lines because the only way she gets a locker beside her friends is to register in line beside her friends.

And I know as much as her friends love me (and they do), they would rather register without a Mom present. Even if it is The Enchanting Belinda.

And as much as I love her friends (and I do), I would rather they registered without THIS Mom.

I've decided to make the most of it. I've called all the Chicks and I know what they're wearing, so I can pick out my outfit tonight, too.

It appears Nike shorts, t-shirts, flops and straight hair will be the outfit for the day.

And then we're all going to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.

It's going to be wicked cool!

RANDOMNESS #2 - As if Monday couldn't get any better (dripping sarcasm), Josh and I are also headed to Hanceville to sign the papers for his apartment.

Get this...

He's going to move in August 9.

That's like... 12 days away.

That's like... not even funny.

I think the kids are trying to kill me. I really do.

If Austin comes in tonight and tells me he's moving to Alaska to be the Voice of the Wasilla Warriors High School Football Team, I would not EVEN be surprised.

Devastated, but not surprised.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Today's Copper Update will be brief and to the point.

He is alive.

He is well.

He is still living with us.

I can actually see him from where I am sitting now.

He has not "run away" in the past TWO WEEKS.

It is a little sad that two weeks is our best record to date.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Mike and I had an opportunity to get away for a couple of days last week. It happened very quickly, and it was so enjoyable.

We were without kids.

We rode to the beach Thursday... stayed on the beach Friday... and drove home Saturday.

Just the two of us.

I'll have the story and some pics about that little trip later in the week.

Lake Vacation - Day Six

Day Six of our Lake Vacation would have been perfect if Josh could have been there (instead of working), but we decided to make the best of it.

Of course, there was the tubing and boating.


Austin and Roxie discussing...

Hmmm. I don't know what they're talking about it.

I'll need to ask them and find out if they were talking about me.


Austin and The Lovely Melia.


Taylor and Roxie...


Again....


And again...


And again.


Austin and Melia taking a turn watching for tubing mishaps.


Happy Roxie.

Then there was the Austin/Melia photo shoot.




And then I took some pics of Roxie and Taylor goofing off.




Except for dinner and watching a movie while sitting on the sectional, that was pretty much Day Six.

And it was good.

Have a tremendous Monday. I'll be back tomorrow morning with the final installment of the Lake Vacation... And everyone said, "AMEN!"

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter