Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Lake - Day Five

Good Sunday afternoon!

I believe we're on Day Five of the Lake Vacation...

And if I remember correctly, Day Five was the day Mr. and Mrs. Faulkner (Mike's parents), The Lovely Melia and Sweet Taylor came to visit.

Mr. and Mrs. Faulkner and The Lovely Melia arrived at about the same time...

Just as Josh had to leave to go to work...

And Austin had to leave for an unexpected interview in Anniston.

Mikie grilled chicken, we made homemade ice cream (again) and visited with Mr. and Mrs. F until about 3:00 p.m.

Austin came back from his interview (and everything went very well) around 4:00.

Sweet Taylor arrived for her visit around 4:30.

If you haven't already figured it out, the Gardendale Revolving Door apparently followed us to the Lake... and that was okay with me.

Not only was it the fifth day of our Lake Vacation, but it also happened to be Sweet Taylor's 18th birthday.

We decorated a little with balloons, streamers, gifts and brownies (made by Roxie), and had a very festive dinner and sunset boat ride to celebrate.



It was a busy day, but not a big "picture" day. People were coming and going so much, I didn't have a lot of time, you see. (And for the record, everyone was pretty happy about the lack of picture takin' that took place.)


I didn't keep the pic because the fish was SO tiny, but Austin actually caught one right before the sunset cruise.



You may or may not have noticed I didn't go on the boat ride. After such a busy (but fun) Lake Day, I found myself needing a little time to myself.

Time to reflect.

Time to ponder the many happenings of the day.

Time to sit on an air conditioning vent.

Have I mentioned how hot it was at the Lake?

Have I?

Since I'm still playing catch-up from "computer issues," I'll end today's post now.

Here are a few things you can watch for in coming days (other than a fascinating narrative and pics)...

1. I want to talk about how Mom (that would be me) planned and cooked a big, filling dinner every night (except one), and was able to still call it a vacation.

2. I want to talk about how we're going to tweak the Lake Vacation process to make it even better next year.

Tomorrow, Monday, July 29, I will post Lake Vacation - Day Six, pictures, Randomness about Josh, Randomness about Roxie and a Copper Report. I would post a recipe of two, but I haven't been cooking much the last few days. I hope to remedy that by Friday.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Soon-To-Be-Computer-Tech-Graduate Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter