Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Favorite April Fool's Day Prank AND Apple Butter Baked Beans

Good Thursday evening!

Just a couple of things...

RANDOMNESS - Roxie and Mikie went on their 13th Annual Father/Daughter Steak Date at Firebirds this past Saturday night.

The tradition goes something like this:

1. Roxie buys a new dress, shoes and accessories.

2. Roxie picks a nice restaurant to try (or revisit).

3. They take selfies.

4. They leave me in the driveway.

5. I eat a bowl of cereal and binge watch Gilmore Girls.




Yeah.

I don't know what's going on with the face.


There it is again...

Just from another angle.




They're pretty cute, even if I do say so myself.

Apple Butter Baked Beans

You will need the following:

56 ounce pork and beans (drained)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup bell peppers (chopped)
1/2 cup bacon bits
1/2 cup apple butter

1. Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.

2. Pour all ingredients into dish and stir to combine.

3. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.

I have a baked bean recipe I have used for years and years and years. However, this Easter I tried this Pinterest recipe, and I must say, I think I like it better.

My Favorite April Fool's Day Prank

When the kids were still in Elementary School, I cooked a crockpot roast with potatoes and carrots overnight, and served a full-course Sunday dinner for breakfast before Mike went to work and the kids went to school. I even made a chocolate cake for dessert.

It totally threw ALL of my guys off their game. (There was a lot of whining.)

I took it one step further and served S'mores Pop Tarts with milk for dinner.

They were not amused, but I thought it was hilarious.

Have a great April weekend. I'll post again in a couple of days with more of this and a little of that.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter