Friday, March 11, 2016

Weekend Happenings AND Blog Linkage

Good Friday evening!

We have a lot to talk about, don't we?

Let's get started, shall we?

RANDOMNESS #1 - During all of the wedding prep, parties, etc., Austin had a birthday. He turned 25 years old, and The Lovely Melia planned a family lunch at Costa's the Saturday before the birthday, AND a very delicious dinner the night of his birthday.

To be honest, I had once thought turning the birthday celebration planning over to someone else would bother me a little, but as it turns out...

Not so much!

Actually, it is great.


Austin and Melia.


Austin and Roxie.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Mike and I hosted Josh and Courtney's Rehearsal Dinner at The Freight House Restaurant in Hartselle.

It turned out very well, and I was able to enjoy my meal without any prep or clean-up...

Which I have decided is the best way to host anything!



My friends, Cam and Jeff, made these chocolate-covered Bride and Groom pretzels for the Rehearsal Dinner as a gift to everyone who attended.

To say they were well-received would be a huge understatement.





The happy couple.


Mikie, me and Josh.

RANDOMNESS #3 - You know how people always say, "Don't worry. Everything will come together. You'll see," right before the wedding?

Well, that really happened last Saturday.

Everything did come together, and it was a sweet, sweet day.


Courtney collects Pops, so these were used on top of the Wedding Cake.


Judith and Aunt Roxie.



I had access to the Groom Room because...

Well, I was the Mother of the Groom, you know.



Roxie spent a lot of time going back and forth from the Bride Room to the Groom Room.


Mike was so handsome.

I'm buying him a dark gray vest to add to his wardrobe...

Sooner than later.


This is Courtney's family. Sara Grace is her niece. Kimberly is her sister (and Sara Grace's mom). Chris, her dad, Judith and her mom, Donna.


Courtney and Sara Grace.


Roxie, Josh and Austin.



Grandpa, Grandma, Courtney, Josh and Grandmother.





This is my favorite so far...


And maybe this one.


Roxie and Melia.

It's a little blurry, but they still look great.

NOTE - I know what you're thinking.

Where are pics of Melia, you and Mikie?

That's a very good question, and I promise there will be an overload of Melia, Mike and Enchanting Belinda pics in the next post.

I didn't take pics at the wedding and reception, so I'm collecting pics from Facebook friends, etc.

Something to look forward to next week!

Blog Linkage - If you are planning a fun movie night for your family soon, go to www.tatertotsandjello.com and enjoy the post about Living Room Camping. She set up a really cute and quick party without a ton of prep work.

Loved it!

Weekend Happenings

1. I met The Chick in Alex City this afternoon to see her before she takes a Spring Break trip with some friends.

It wasn't enough time...

But it will have to do.

2. Mike and I are not doing much of anything Saturday, and that is a good thing. We need to piddle inside and outside of the house to catch up from the month of February which I have now declared "The Month of the Wedding."

Nothing but wedding "stuff" was dealt with on a day-to-day basis...

And that means we are in much need of a day of piddling.

Saturday.

Tomorrow.

3. Mike and I have church and Bible Study Sunday, so that means things are getting back to normal in this family.

Austin and Melia are doing their thing.

Josh, Courtney and Judith are doing their thing.

Roxie is doing her thing.

Back in the day, we used to camp during Spring Break, but for now, those days are just fond memories.

I'm sure we'll do it again one day with the grandkids, but not this year.

Thank goodness.

Not this year!

Have a grand March weekend. I'll be back next week with more Spring stuff!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. It's hard to believe it has been a week since the wedding. It was a lovely day, and I'm very happy for this little family of three.


Very happy, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter