Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up, Funfetti Pound Cake, Blog Linkage, When All the Stars Align Tradition

Good Tuesday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Mike and I had a good date Friday night. We went to Mugshots before our movie of choice (Non-Stop), and although we had to wait for a table a LONG time, our waitress was fantastic and we didn't have to wait very long for our food, bill, etc., etc.

Thankfully, we made the beginning of the previews...

And I was still able to enjoy my NEW burger of choice, The Big Kahuna.

Is it just me, or does a big ol' slice of pineapple make EVERYTHING so much better?

Non-Stop was a classic who-dunit in the air.

Liam Neeson does what Liam Neeson does best. He uses a "very particular set of skills" to find the bad guy.

And I remained clueless the entire movie, so I can't complain about the film being too evident or simple or predictable.

Because it wasn't, you see.

Is Non-Stop a fun family flick?

No. No, it is not.

It is VERY intense... And unless Liam Neeson is also flying on the plane I'm supposed to board, I will not be flying in the foreseeable future.

RANDOMNESS #2 - BLAST Weekend has come and gone... again.

Roxie was the only Faulkner to attend, and although she is still sleep deprived today, she declared it a major success.

I went to the new event (Warrior Dash) which replaced the Derby Car Races.

Try to imagine, if you will, 400+ students, leaders and some fantastic parents covered head to toe with mud running a huge obstacle course in the woods.

Lots and lots of brown mud.

I was perfectly content to stand on the sideline and take pictures for your Tuesday morning enjoyment.


They look fierce, don't they? All of the 11th Grade dressed the same. Guys and girls.


Roxie and Shelby.


Ally. I have known Ally since BEFORE she was born... And I have never seen her this dirty.


I think this is a picture of Hannah. I'm not 100 percent positive.



Ally, Ashley and Hannah.

Can you hear it?

"You want us to do WHAT?"


Ally and Roxie... And photo bomber Mikie.



Kaitlyn and Roxie.


Just Roxie. You'd be surprised how many people DON'T want their picture made next to a Chick dripping with mud.


Roxie and Hunter.


Roxie was just a little muddier than Hunter.

I wonder why?

RANDOMNESS #3 - In other news, my 17 year-old Chick is getting her very own Passport.

Is it just me, or is there something horribly wrong with that last sentence?

She is going to get on a plane (hopefully, with Liam Neeson) and fly to Guatemala in the not-too-distant future... And she's going to get her first stamp in her first Passport.

If I didn't continually push it out of my mind, I could already begin losing sleep over the fact she's never been that far from home before.

I mean, it's a whole different country.

You must have a Passport to enter and leave.

And, as I said before, Liam Neeson.

REMINDER TO SELF - Contact Liam Neeson about a paid-in-full, round-trip ticket (with hotel accommodations and three meals a day) to Guatemala this Summer.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I watched some of the Oscars Sunday night, and I never watch the Oscars.

I am so glad I did. I now know what I want to wear to Austin and Melia's wedding.

If you get a minute, check out Kerry Washington's purple gown. And yes, I know she's expecting.

I just really think I would be very, very comfortable wearing such a frock to the nuptials. And when everything is said and done, The Enchanting Belinda being comfortable is what really matters, isn't it?

Blog Linkage

1. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and read today's post entitled, "The One Kitchen Tweak That Changed My Attitude."

It's a little thing, but it is so true... And I think this post is brilliant.

2. Go to www.junkgypsyblog.com and read today's post entitled, "Tim Duncan's Shoe." This post talks about TWO books on my 2014 Bucket Reading List. If you read them first... Great. If I read them first, I'll tell you all about it!

Funfetti Pound Cake

You will need the following:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sprinkles

1. Cream butter and sugar together.

2. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.

3. Stir in vanilla and salt.

4. Stir in flour, stirring until incorporated.

5. Gently fold in sprinkles.

6. Pour into greased and floured 8" x 4" loaf pan.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

I made this pretty little pound cake Sunday afternoon. It was easy, but on Monday it became a little dry. My suggestion... It is a small pound cake (you bake it in a loaf pan). It would be great to make before company arrives... served with really good vanilla ice cream... warm.

Definitely serve it warm.

And serve it on a Sunday.

Not on a Monday!

When All the Stars Align Tradition

This is for families who are in the process of their nests being emptied.

Tim Hawkins is a Christian comedian, a father of four and just an all-around enjoyable performer.

I like him. Mikie likes him. The kids like him. And my Mom likes him.

If you've lost count, that equals three generations.

All the way from 17 to 71.

That's pretty impressive, don't you think?

I bought his DVD ("Push, Pull, Point, Pow") after he performed a concert at our church. We watched it together as a family, and a good time was had by all.

I wanted a good movie for all 11 of us to enjoy in the mountains. (Remember. Ages 17 to 71!) I couldn't come up with something I thought EVERYONE would enjoy until an hour before we left for the trip.

I asked Josh to run to the Christian Bookstore in our town and pick up a Tim Hawkins' DVD we had not seen, and he returned moments later with "I'm No Rockstar."

Can I just say, it fit our entire family's mood? It did.

My sweet friend, Cam, borrowed our first Tim Hawkins' DVD and kept it in a drawer at her house. Her plan... Watch the DVD whenever all of the kids and spouses ended up at the house for more than a couple of hours AT THE SAME EXACT TIME.

You know.

When the fat lady sings.

When you-know-what freezes over.

When all the stars align!

She patiently waited, and when it happened, they had a good 90 minutes of clean, Christian fun. Laugh out loud fun.

It's not an easy thing to pull off, but I'm going out today and purchasing another Tim Hawkins' DVD.

I'm going to put it in a special drawer.

And whenever all the kids and spouses and friends end up at the house at the same time for more than a couple of hours, we're going to have us a really good time!

Have a terrific week. I'll be back Friday with some of this, some of that... and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter