Friday, March 14, 2014

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'm going to take engagement pics for Stephanie and Brad (my niece-to-be and nephew) this month. Taking pictures in the Spring is second only to taking pictures of anyone and anything in the Fall.






And let's face it.

They are pretty photogenic, so I have an easy, breezy job.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm in the midst of planning our Second Annual Lake Guntersville Vacation this weekend.

My goal is to have a place BOOKED by Monday, March 17.

I have it narrowed down to three places, and the three family members I've asked advice from have each picked a different place.

That means I will have to go with my gut and pick the one I prefer...

Which is the best one anyway!

Here are some of the things I look for in a Lake Vacation now:


I must have a mallard duck toilet paper dispenser in at least one of the bathrooms.

I simply must.


We NEED huge, comfy sectional sofas.


A deck big enough to sit and fish.


A hammock.

This is non-negotiable. We MUST have a hammock.


A grill for Josh to work his magic.


A great tubing place.


More comfortable seating.


Enough room to entertain any and all family and friends who come to visit.


Guaranteed BIG bass.


Day or night.


More tubing.


The Lovely Melia.


A visit from Sweet Taylor.




A photo-op opportunity.


The beautiful sunsets.


Most definitely.


The beautiful sunsets.

RANDOMNESS #3 - If you DO make the Mississippi Roast recipe I posted Tuesday, use a 3 to 4 pound chuck roast. The original recipe didn't specify, and I didn't either...

But I've tried the three pounder and the four pounder. Both were excellent.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to Boo Mama under My Blog List and read today's post entitled, "Several Things That Make Me Laugh." I needed this today. What about you?

2. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and read today's post entitled, "I Choose Slow." Love this chick.

Weekend Happenings

1. Roxie's going on a date tonight.

2. Mike and I went on a date last night, so we'll be skipping the Friday night date.

3. Austin is working in Oxford.

4. Josh has not told me of his plans this weekend. Right now, he's home (because he's NOT working tonight), but he has a shift Saturday night and late Sunday afternoon.

I imagine he'll be going to and fro a lot this weekend.

5. Roxie and I are going with Melia and The Bridesmaids to try on dresses tomorrow morning. I've seen pictures, but I'm excited to see the actual bridesmaid dress. It is so pretty.

If I "did" hashtags on the blog post, these would probably show up from time to time... #weddingquicklyapproaching, #cannotwait, #loveloveloveweddings, #gottafindadresssoonerthanlater.

6. I'm cooking a ham Saturday night.

And I'm baking a pecan pie.

The ham and pie will be served Sunday, and hopefully I'll feel like adding a few side dishes to the menu.

Otherwise, we'll be eating a lot of ham and pie!

7. We'll be attending church Sunday morning.

Those are the plans!

Have a tremendous weekend. I'll be back TUESDAY with a Weekend Wrap-Up, a dessert recipe... and pics of ham and pie.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter