Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tumultuous Tuesday (A Carry-Over from Mindless Monday), Blog Linkage, The Honeymoon Fairy, Give Your Teen a Date

Good Tuesday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Okay. So Part Two of the Area Tournament was last night.

And we were so good.

And we were so close to winning it all.

But in the last seconds of the game, Huffman pulled forward by ONE POINT... and we took home Second Place.

Heavy, heavy sigh.


Roxie.


Mallorie.


Joy.


The perfect photo bomb.


Alyssa and Claire.


As you can see, it got a little intense toward the end of the game.


The 2013-2014 Gardendale Lady Rockets!

The girls played a great game, and while we would have liked to claim the title Area Tournament Champs two years in a row...

We will definitely get them next year!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Contrary to what you see on A Simple Life on a bi-weekly basis, I do have two other children.

They just aren't hanging around the house all week allowing me to take pictures of them.

They have this thing they call "A LIFE," and it gets on my very last nerve!

Another reason I am REALLY looking forward to the upcoming nuptials of Austin and Melia?

Lot and lots of family pictures with everyone looking very well groomed!

But until then...


Here's an oldie of my THREE guys.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "Crush Week//Day One."

It's a good subject to think about, isn't it?

What are some of your "crushes" this Valentine's Week?

2. Go to Big Mama under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "Marriage in Six Words."

Go ahead and enter the contest...

Because you just never know!

The Honeymoon Fairy (An Engagement Tradition)

When Austin and Melia became engaged, Melia made Honeymoon Jars (decorated mason jars). The idea was to start saving for a very special honeymoon.

I want to add to this fund, so every now and again, I give one of them a card. The card could contain as little as $2 or as much as $5. (I also give Austin the "laundry change" every month or so.)

Hey! It adds up!

I made a little Honeymoon Fairy Scavenger Hunt as a Christmas gift to both of them, and they went on the hunt this past Sunday afternoon.


The little red box I handed them held four quarters and clues to the next box.

When they found the next box, it contained $4.

The next box... $5.

The next box... $10.

The last box contained a $15 Gift Certificate to Starbucks for a couple of coffees and some browsing time.

And I hid the boxes in different little areas around Gardendale. I didn't make the hunt difficult... just fun.

I don't know how much money they've collected, but The Honeymoon Fairy is still planning on making a few visits between now and October 25.

Give Your Teen a Date

I gave Hunter and Roxie a date Saturday afternoon.

I handed an envelope to Roxie and told her to open it when she and Hunter got into the car.

I'll let you take a look at the date first, and then we'll discuss it!

BLUFF PARK DATE

1. Set your GPS to the following:

Tip Top Grill
588 Shades Crest Road
Birmingham
978-8677

2. Enjoy the view and a hamburger or hotdog on me.

Remember… This is a hamburger “dive.” It is historic and known for it’s view. Not it’s décor!



3. When walking out the door of Tip Top Grill, look to your right and read the big, black sign entitled “Lover’s Leap.”

Walk down and have your picture taken on the rocks.



4. Go back to the Grill. Look to your left and you will see a big red building and red caboose. It is a junk store called “On A Shoestring.”

Head on over.

5. You will need to find the following items and have your picture made with them in this store…

A Box of Door Knobs



A Butter Churn

An Old Pump Organ



An Old, Old Hat

Pretty Green Bottles in a Window (look in the caboose)

6. Before leaving, purchase two small items that remind you of each other.

7. Put the following address in your GPS…

Barnes & Noble
171 Main Street
Hoover
682-4467

Spend a little leisurely time walking around and browsing. Buy a coffee and/or cookie if you feel like it.

Head back to Gardendale… if you want!

I also slipped $40 into the envelope to cover costs (and Roxie was kind enough to bring back the change). That's always a plus!

Hunter and Roxie said they enjoyed it, and unless they were just being nice...

Well, I think they really did.

You could do this for one of your dating teens very easily.

Just pick a few locations close to each other you enjoy, and let the teens explore.

Have a warm Tuesday. I'll be back Friday morning with Weekend Happenings, a story or two from our "no school" days at home (just me and Roxie)... and some other stuff.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter